GREAT NEWS!!! Rember Dawn Hahler

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davie

Reaction score
I was on the Oklahoma State Court Network website looking into an upcoming case concerning the vehicular manslaughter of my cousin and decided to go look at an old case that a lot of us on here are familiar with.

Dawn Hahler was arrested on 3 Felony counts of Cruelty to Animals but pled guilty to one count and was put on probation with a 4 yr deferred sentence--long story.

Well her feet hardly hit the pavement and she ran--never checked in with her probation officer--everyone on LB was looking for her but it looked liked she had gone underground.

Well was I surprised to find that her case was being pursued by the Pushmataha County courts and they finally found her. She was picked up in Sherman Texas by a Tim and Leann Rees at which time she had 3 dogs and 2 ferrets with her in the car. The dogs all needed veterinarian care. Part of the terms of her probation wa to never have contact with animals--of course we all knew that was not going to happen.

Long story short (you can read all the details on the Oklahoma State Court Network website that I"ll post below). Her original plea deal was vacated and she was sentenced to 5 years imprisonment with the Oklahoma Department of Corrections with ALL EXCEPT the first 2 years being suspended and she got credit for time servied from the time she was in custody of the Pushmataha County jail from 2 Sept 11 to sentenceing on 7 Jan 2012.

Here is the link to her case file.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/getcaseinformation.asp?submitted=true&

number=CF-2009-147&db=Pushmataha&viewtype=oscn

If you have trouble with the link go to

http://www.oscn.net, go down left hand side and click on Search Dockets, on next page click drop down box next to Database: and click Pushmatah County, scroll down the page and under Search by Party: Last Name: Hahler, First name Dawn and scroll down and press GO. It will bring up all cases that she had in Pushmataha County and click on CF 2009--147. It will take time to read all the documents.

This just absolutely made my weekend. Doing the HAPPY DANCE for all the horses that were abused and killed at her hands--I hate to say 5 were mine that I had sold to her.

Davie

Now this is good news!!! I have talked to some people who had been done very wrong by her and worse, some of their animals, too. Justice served!!! Thanks for the update
default_yes.gif

I hope this thread sticks. There are a lot of people who will be pretty personally glad to know this update!

BUT it has to do with those horse nippers so many us like and purchased some time back.. I even have a pair and love them!! They are no longer being made for a reason.
default_no.gif
I hear you. We love our Barracuda nippers, too. I wish now I had ordered replacements for the sharp part. Ours are still going strong, but would have loved to know I had the supplies to keep them going when the current sharp part wears out.

That's awesome. She has done wrong by so many people and animals. Can't believe she had pets with her in her car.

I think you're right, Mary Lou. They are so much easier than "regular" nippers. We love them and I think our horses do, too. It doesn't take us nearly as long to do their footsies
default_wub.png

OK, now I get the name. Geesh, I love my barracudas AND I got a set of replacement blades when i ordered the nippers, to have on hand. Little did I know they were going down this road, LOL -- but, my original ones are still strong/ Plus, a friend got a set & extra set of blades but she doesn't use, so I'm gonna buy hers. Whew, I love those things!!! Yes, the blades could be sharpened. What a shame they are no longer being made.

Oh, glad they found her and charged for the animal issues.

Jill.. I got an extra set of blades when I got mine.. The blades are made so simple, I would think any tool maker could do you up another set really easy..

My original blades are still going strong and staying sharp - I almost feel it will take a lot to wear them out - if they get dull, I bet they could be sharpened and usable for many more years..

they are such great nippers for us ladies..
I, too, got an extra set of blades when I got my Barracudas. I'm still using them. I'm so glad that she is now behind bars!!

I didn't have a chance to get a set before they went off the market. I sure hope they appear in the future again or another tool similar for ladies like me that need them.

What goes around, comes around.

I am in love with my barracudas too. Also got the extra set of blades.

I contacted the Westrom people who built the product for Innovative Concepts. He said they had the parts to build more sets but did not have approval from the patent holder to keep building.

I guess if someone could buy the patent from Innovative Concepts the Barracudas could be built again. I am not quite sure why the patent holder would/could not keep producing them, or would/could not sell the patent?

I sort of remember when it looked like Hahler was making it look like the nippers would be available again.

So glad to hear she is behind bars !!

But, now I wish we had bought some of the nippers, because Deb wants to learn to trim feet and I'm sure these would have been perfect....maybe I can find a used set somewhere....hmmm

You all talking about the extra "blades" for the nippers got me thinking I had ordered them... I remember thinking I'd gotten something and thought it was so small, by the time i needed it, I wouldn't be able to find it (can we say disorganized?). Well, I found the little box I'd put "it" in... blah, only to find it was replacement things for my Double K Clippers. I don't know why I didn't decide to order extra blades. Ours are still going strong, and I think you all are right that they could be sharpened, or fabricated by a tool maker, but dumb of me not to have purchased another set of "sharp things".

And, yes, thank goodness DH is where she belongs and away from animals. A long time ago, I talked to another LB member who had trusted her with one of her horses, and it did not end well for the horse or the good LB member
default_sad.png
Just what a mess that in various ways has touched too many members on LB in a bad way.

When I ordered the barracudas it included an extra set of blades. The replacement blades are small and were tied together with a chicken strap, so easy to set away and be un noticed.

I am sure they could be sharpened as well.

Great news! This just goes to show ya that Karma will always win out. She may take her time, but she will always win.
default_yes.gif

Any chance if they had more request for the nippers they would reconsider making more them? I love mine and just don't loan them out to friends anymore. I could spring for 5 more.

She basically wiped the company into bankruptcy. I'm assuming the only way these nippers will be made again is if someone bought the patent from them.

Latest posts

Back