HC Minis - new pics pg 172

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'll get lucky, and Baybe will have an Easter foal for me. I don't know if she's progressing that quickly, but it would be nice. Since we are in the middle of calving we are just going over to my inlaws for dinner, so just 3 miles up the road.

Still busy-busy with calving; and I now have 3 bottle babies; the prolapsed cow has survived, so far, but she is not strong enough nor on her feet enough to take care of her calf. Guess I need to grow another arm to feed all these babies. It won't be long, and I'll have to see about getting them onto a bucket or something to make it easier for me, but I gotta wait til they are all on about the same amount of milk, and I'll have to watch them like hawks to make sure no one gets too much and gets sick. We have some icky weather, so no pictures; winter storm warnings and we had thunder, lightening, rain/hail/snow earlier today.

I am so glad the cow survived, I wish I was close enough to come and help feeding the babies.
default_yes.gif

I wish I was close enough to come and help feeding the babies.
default_yes.gif
Me, too! Shayne only has time to help now and then, so its quite a feat getting them all fed. Its looking like I'll have them for quite some time, so will probably have to get them on bucket one of these days to make it easier for me while they are on milk, and start working them onto some creep feed. We still have more cows to calve, so there's a chance a cow will be available to take at least one of the calves.

Well I am with you sister cos here in the third world no pain meds are given. Matteo was upside down and to get him out they broke a few of my ribs. I still want to slap him now
default_new_rofl.gif

Happy Easter to you too.

We are going to get morning chores done, or as many as possible, then go to his folks' for dinner, they just live a couple miles up the road, so not too far with all that is going on here. Non-traditional meal this year, my MIL said she would be BBQing chicken; so I'm taking a macaroni salad up with me.

Whew! Killer headache this morning... Last night, I went down to the barn to feed calves, that was no problem, picking up the other bottle that Shayne left at the barn earlier was... He set it on the shelf where the cat food dish is, they knocked it off the shelf and when I reached down to pick it up, I clocked myself on the shelf. I have a nice red mark above my right eye, and a headache. One Tylenol PM and some sleep helped, but I still have a bit of a headache this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Gosh poor you, Take it easy today and get some rest.

Happy Easter

Still a bit of a headache off and on today, but much better. Ate too much dinner. About out of milk replacer for the calves, so stretching what I have and hoping the CoOp is open tomorrow (they were closed yesterday), so I can pick some up and feed them full meals.

Baybe is getting more demanding about her food and treats and is just a bit grumpy. she's really putting away the food, and doesn't leave the hay feeder very often. Its hard to get a peak at her udder, but it doens't look like its doing much, I can't even see her nipples, so they must be pointing towards each other at the moment. She's not to happy about me petting her tummy, so would probably be very upset if I invaded her privacy and copped a feel or something.
default_new_shocked.gif

Ok, so now tonight, Baybe was almost affectionate at dinner time. She moved in closer than usual for her treats and didn't move away as quickly as usual.

We have a little affection back again, although I think its cupboard love... Baybe is getting rather close for her treats and dinner now. I put her feed in her dish, then block her from her dish while I dole out some treats and pets; and she's getting closer every day, and demanding she be allowed at her feed quicker. She's just so darn cute. Cna't wait to see her little baby.

I gotta run to town today, but will try when I get back. Heck, who knows, maybe I'll take the camera out with me for chores. She looks about the same to me, but I see her every day, so probably won't notice subtle differences. [if I can get far enough away from them, perhaps even a picture of the calves.] But nothing til later today for sure, as after chores, I won't have time to get back on the computer.

Ok, I managed to get quick pics of Baybe before I left, but since she was loose, they aren't great.

Baybe - April 12, 2012 - 1.jpg

Baybe - April 12, 2012 - 2.jpg

Baybe - April 12, 2012 - rear.jpg

And, the bottle bums

Here's before their breakfast:

April 12, 2012 - bums before breakfast 1.jpg

April 12, 2012 - bums before breakfast 2.jpg

And, after, check out the milk face:

April 12, 2012 - bums after breakfast.jpg

April 12, 2012 - bum - tade calf.jpg

Yes, she is still rather round, but had just the slightest pointy area on her belly. I don't know, do the smaller mares stay rounder than the taller mares? Baybe is my smallest mare are 32.5", the rest are 35-38", except Dolly who is also around 32.5" (she's my small stallion's daughter).

Yes, the three amigos are very adorable, til they head butt you a few times in the butt looking for more milk once the bottles are empty. I'm trying to get them started on creep feed, but they aren't very interested, yet. The one with an ear tag is the most interested, but even he isn't that interested.

default_488.gif
:SoCool
default_488.gif
No foal yet, but I'm sure I saw movement tonight. I was giving Baybe her treats and touched her side a little bit behind her elbow and saw a rolling movement from front to back, and it happened more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back