Rodie's Mini Ranch Invite you to watch

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha!You have no idea how ready I am!! WHo cares if she is or not I wan a baby!!

LOL and still no new baby yet..... please send her an engraved invitation to attend the birth of a new foal, LOL Just dont tell her it's supposed to be HERS!

Firefly is still being stubborn and hanging on to that baby
rolleyes.gif
Fire fly this is day 342 in case you forgot
impatient.jpg

http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=rodies

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooo yes, a few up to date pictures would be great please.
default_yes.gif

Sorry!!! I am here!! I had the vet out 3 days ago and she said all looks good. Foal is in position, just enjoying the warmth!!! She should be foaling soon!! UGH!!! When I get home I will post pics I took yesterday.

Thanks again sooo mcuh for watching!!!

Hello.....Lea......
default_new_shocked.gif

Wow Lea! she is SO close!!! won't be long now! do you know if she usually waxes up? if her udder is hard n warm at night you know it won't be long, Suzie waxed up for me but was very hard n warm
default_yes.gif
come on Firefly!

lets get this show on the road!!

Her nipples are still pointing in, instead of down, so not yet! Wow, and I thought mine were fuzzy already! Look at her hair!
default_laugh.png

How is Fire Fly doing today - I find it a bit difficult to watch her here from the UK due to the time differences - she's outside right now as it is late lunchtime where you are and I will be in bed by the time you get her in! However I do manage to catch her in her stable for a few hours when I wake in the morning.
default_yes.gif

More pictures needed soon I think - she's such a pretty mare! I forget, but did you say she has foaled before?

Ugh!! This has to be the longest gestation. If she doesnt foal this wk the vet is coming back out. At this point we are thinking he bred after she was hand bred! UGH!!! If she doesnt foal this wk!!

WIll send pics this wk!

If she was out with the stallion for a while after you hand bred her, then it is possible that she didn't take at that first covering??

When did she actually start bagging up? That could give you an idea as to her possible dates?

Looking forward to more pics when you have a chance - know you are very busy - or will be interested to hear what your vet thinks if you decide to call him.
default_yes.gif

OMG FF, and I was wondering if perhaps she settled at a later breeding........ The waiting is just killer isn't it?!!?
default_wacko.png

Diane yes, in mid Sept. no matter how hot it is, like overnight the horses coats start to thicken. They are actually getting fuzzy already though our temps are still in the 90's and close to 100 during the day. The nights however, have cooled off from being close to 85 to 90 down in the low 60's so it's quite a drop at night now. To us, this is 'fall weather' and a big cool down from summer, LOL (However yes it does freeze here during the winter sometimes)

Here in the UK where most of the minis come from British Shetland breeding, they start looking fuzzy around the end of July/beginning of August! Interestingly, those who come here as imports from the warmer states in the USA and other countries, also start getting their fuzzies at the same time once they have been here for a year. Generations of breeding in warm climates is 'overtaken' by Mother Nature as soon as it becomes necessary - plus I have noticed that their coats are often more 'dense' than those of the natives.
default_yes.gif

The cat that visits is a grey color. We named her Super Fly aka Sue!!! They have become best buds!!!

THe weather here isnt bad. Just raining more then usual.

I dont know what gives. The vet doesnt want to come back out and palp. She for sure felt a foal and if she hasnt aborted she said just deal and wait. That her date is of and foal when ready!! UGH!!!

She looks the same. Once it stops raining, if it ever does. I will upload pics!!!

it must be so hard for you Lea
default_no.gif
I was the exact same with Suzie!!

she finally had her little colt 2 weeks ago on Sunday!! he is the light of my life
default_biggrin.png

its so hard waiting! I know exactly how you feel!

how is her udder looking? can't wait to see some more pics of your pretty girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back