Zephyr Woods Foals-10th A FILLY!!!!!!!!! by Ginger 10:30 pm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just beautiful! Congratulations....

Liz

Congratulations he is a very pretty boy
default_wub.png

Was watching Faline like a HAWK (hehe) last couple of days. Maiden mares are very unpredictable and she was not bagging as expected and hadn't changed over to milk. She went into labor tonight at 1120 and as with most maidens was a TIGHT fit.

She is bred to Champion Farms Nighthawk and she had a buckskin colt (it is going to be a serious colt year again I think). He isn't as strong as Frank but is ultra refined with a super dishy head and looks to be on the smaller side. Once he is up and going we will take pictures later on Saturday afternoon. I think he is the first buckskin Nighthawk colt. I WANTED A FILLY.

Affie is next to Faline and I had a LONG talk about having a filly with her tonight.
default_unsure.png
She is going to be next I think and bred to Billy Idol. Pheny and Shawna will be a few weeks.
default_wub.png

UPDATED PICTURE from 4/13/09. Still needs groceries but he is coming around and will hold on to him awhile. He has a neck and isn't afraid to use it. And I love his head and tipped ears.

Falinecolt4-13-09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Kitty, can't wait to see photos. And I can't wait to see Shawna's foal. I love that girl. I bet "she" will be a stunner. Well, Pheny's too.

Congradulations on the boys. I too hope the filly fairy visits you this year.

Congratulations on both your boys!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah I hope the filly fairy visits for the rest of your mares.
default_wink.png

Ok a quick picture- DELETED. He has a ways to go to unfold and get up on his legs. And he needs groceries. Faline did not share with him it seems because she is nice and round!!!! But he seems to be very attached to her more so than Frank the wild man who decided to go and visit everyone yesterday much to the dismay of Lass.

So I don't have a name set in stone and I will post update pictures in a few days. His dam is a BTU/King Supreme granddaughter

Zephyr Woods Hawks Supreme unless someone has something else more exciting
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wink.png

Updated picture from 4/13/09. Still needs groceries but coming around and has a neck on him. Pretty headed with tippy ears. May hold on to him for awhile
default_smile.png

Falinecolt4-13-09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am TICKLED PINK
default_wub.png
Was working at the hospital last night for night shift when I get the call (Jessie panicking). She's in labor. I had checked all the mares and thought before I left for work - NO ONE would foal. Never say never because no one is doing what they are supposed to this year. Affie wasn't waxed or full bagged yet at 6pm when I checked her before getting ready for work at 7pm. She foaled at 1100 pm so she was busy in that time period getting ready. She and Shawna are real crab monsters at this point and EVERYONE avoids them including me.

So I ask how it was going, Shawn had already raced to the barn ahead of Jessie and by the time she got there the foal was out. I asked what is it? Sorry that is the first thing I check after I make sure they are breathing and OK. The response was "it doesn't matter". So I assume it is a colt. I asked 3 more times with the same response and then I had to go- remember I am working. So I get a text.

"I get to name it. The name is Zephyr Woods Diamond Idol and she is going to be my new horse". Yes this is Jessie WHO every time we have a new foal says "it's going to be my new horse".

So welcome our new UP AND RUNNING and KICKING immediately little girl-- yes I let her keep the name " Zephyr Woods Diamond Idol". She is a perlino and a full sister to ZW Idols White Wedding. AND a keeper for Treasure for a future girlfriend.

Will take pictures later as I work at 7pm again and NEED TO SLEEP.
default_wacko.png

Shawna and Pheny are in the final stretch and hopefully thinking fillies also
default_wacko.png
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back