Zephyr Woods Foals-10th A FILLY!!!!!!!!! by Ginger 10:30 pm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Kitty! I love what you are doing over there
default_wub.png

She is beautiful Kitty.. Congratulations. All of your foals have been really nice....

Very pretty filly Kitty, congratulations!!!

So far, I have 4 fillies, 3 live colts (one lost colt). So I too am doing better this year (so far), But I have 4 more to go.

Gotta keep threatening the Berry Fairy.
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
Right now I have a break for a couple of weeks at least.

She is beautiful!!! So very glad u got her out ok. Thats my worst nightmare and small mare and bad foaling position. Congrats on her.

The trailer will be VERY full
default_smile.png
of foals to show this year and I think I may have to talk to a few people for catch handling
default_smile.png
. Josh can't show everyone unless he grows a few more arms and my son Shawn will be right there next to him!!!

I have my favorites already however
default_smile.png
And the last colt of Phenys is one of them- he is incredible with a neck a mile long!!!! We named him Zephyr Woods Hawks Ransome.

Too bad everyone isn't on facebook. I posted new pics of them
default_smile.png

We love babies
default_smile.png
default_wub.png
and we love to look at anyone elses also
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Thanks for all the kind words. I try really hard to improve our herd every year
default_wink.png

Well you know it is going to happen. You postpone trips and going anywhere because of foaling. I keep kids and hubby home. I miss work and call out favors to friends.

So Shawn and I HAD TO make a trip I had postponed several times due to foaling mares and thought OK Adorabelle is due but she should be fine for 2 days as bag only 1/2 full.

We left on Wed late afternoon and drove to my moms. I never even got to see her as midnight when we got there and left before 6am. She was sleeping. I deliver Bermuda, pick up several mares and another horse to transport and head to Limestone. We are there a short time and the PHONE CALL comes.

"Mom you have to come home NOW. Tootsie is changed to milk". HMMM. Tootsie is a maiden mare not due for 2 weeks. I tell Jessie I am 700 miles from home. There is NO WAY I can make it in time. Call me if she goes in foal.

WELL a half a hour later the phone call comes. She is in labor. It went smooth with Rick delivering (and I just want you to know he avoids the barn at all costs) and Jessie telling me she isn't going to look. She had a LOUD bay pinto something. No ones except me can tell sex or they don't want to tell me I am not sure which.

Then this morning we left Janets and the phone rings at 0800. Adorabelle is in labor. Rick again delivers and tell me in no uncertain times I owe him ALOT for this. All goes smooth and she has a colt.

We got home tonight to find a gorgeous colt by Tootsie and Treasure. WOW he refined, gorgeous headed, tiny and what I was hoping for but a FILLY!!!

Adorabelle's colt is cute but taller and will make a really nice gelding. I believe he is a silver dapple like Adorabelle.

Will post pictures tomorrow. I thought we had 5 left but Snowbaby is definitely breed so 6 to go within the next month.

OK have been EXTREMELY busy with working and horses. We will be traveling to Florida next week to BEGIN the rebreeding process for 2010. Check out our website for WHO is getting bred to who for next year. I'm tickled pink (or with my luck blue) BUT heck either way the foals will be incredible.

SO with smile on my face let me show you our newest additions.

Adorabelles colt who I only had a cell phone pic of. He is a NICE colt and super refined. Is definitely a bay with lots of movements and a pretty head.

AdorabellesColt5-11-09.jpg

And Tootsies colt who is SO refined I am afraid of breaking him. He is tiny delicate and the prettiest head I have ever seen. He should have been a filly he is so delicate. Maybe next year. This one will be going to Nationals for sure. Can't wait to get Shannon pics of him.

foals044.jpg

And our newest addition born on 5/18/09. Starfire was a day overdue. I was praying for another Jewel as our last Zeph foal but OF COURSE it is a palomino colt. He looks big to me, ? overcooked and maybe our next over gelding. The kids are tickled with him as they love performance. He is very pretty headed and his color is wonderful. Very upheaded. You wouldn't know he is only a couple of days old.

foals015.jpg

I am thinking Ginger and Mercedes may foal this weekend. We only have 5 left and one is actually going to Florida with Jenn at Hairicane so 4 left to foal
default_smile.png
AND SOMEONE OR 4 BETTER have some Treasure fillies for me to retain AND THEN THE WORK begins for next years foals!!!!

Congrats on more gorgeous foals.

AND I look over to the camera and Stormy is in labor! She foaled a beautiful palomino colt by Treasure at 9:15pm. I am watching them on the camea. There goes that filly thing for me. I really would like at least one Treasure filly for the year. Stormy always has really nice foals for us. Her colt from last year was a buckskin frame now owned by Triple K.

OK everyone cross fingers and toes that Mercedes, Ginger or Brenda have a filly. I would LOVE Mercedes to have a filly because if she is anything like H2 you won't be able to talk me out of her for all the money in the UNIVERSE!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Wow I miss the forum a day or so and you have foals popping out all over! And Hey I would like a filly too
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
. U know how it goes sell a mare in foal she she has a fancy colored filly
default_yes.gif
, thats what Im counting on, lol. We will see if it works for me.

Congrats on all your lovelys, they are beautiful!!

YA HOOO

Just up from the barn and Ginger goes in labor. I checked her also and not changed over to milk so I didn't figure would be tonight!!!

FINALLY a pretty taller bay LOUD filly by Treasure. COME ON 2 more girls for me please and thanks !!!!!! Mercedes was watching closely so maybe will be she will be the 3rd one foaling tonight
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know how u are still functioning!!! Congrats yet again and a filly yeah!!!

Oh my!! How are you still standing? You have some beautiful foals!! Congratulations. That China Doll is precious.

Congrats on your babies! Geez, you were shooting em out like a pez dispenser last night
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png

default_new_shocked.gif
Wow that place has been hopping!!!!!! Congratulations on the last 6 since my last post!! That China Doll is just the most precious looking filly ever!!!
default_wub.png
:wub

Latest posts

Back