Zephyr Woods Foals-10th A FILLY!!!!!!!!! by Ginger 10:30 pm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww Congrats!!!
default_wub.png
:wub Your kids sound so excited!!She sounds doll and I love the name! I simply LOVE your stallions
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

Hey, so glad u got a girl and what a girl she must be. I love her sister, Congrats!!

Congratulations on two beautiful colts and a lovely filly.
default_smile.png

Crossing my fingers and ...toes, that you will get two more fillies.
default_smile.png
Did you have that serious talk to them about what YOU want?? Awww, but heck, all your folas are little beauties. Congrats again, on the two boys and your filly.

default_wub.png

Congrats Kitty on getting a filly this time. I was watching the "colts" post. And also wondered if you were going to have another colt year!!
default_rolleyes.gif
default_sad.png

Maybe you need to test the water !!hahaha.

You have some really nice colts tho.

Congrats on all 3 foals.
default_smile.png

Congrats on your new foals. I cant wait to see the new filly
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Welcome Zephyr Woods Diamond Idol. Our little kicking machine. Her favorite past time right now
default_smile.png

What color is she? She looks exactly like Affie who is silver buckskin but she has 2 blue eyes?

AffieFillyApril152009.jpg

And a comparsion of her full sister White Wedding at a week last year. She is a cremello

Affiefilly1weekold2008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After delaying trips, keeping family members home, both Shawna and Pheny keep me awake all night tonight. I have been having trouble with breeder alert. Rick fixed today and was better. I was going to let him sleep on the couch
default_smile.png
but was watching Shawna and decided to take the shift myself. Shawna and Pheny both were not flat out like they had been. Neither had a full bag but are maidens and SISTERS
default_smile.png
by the same dam.

Shawna went into labor at 2:30 and with alittle work we got a sorrel pinto (LOUD) FILLY by Nighthawk. She is a doll. After watching her for about a hour and feeding everyone I went to the house. It is raining and cold. I get into the house get everything off and look at the screen.

YEP Pheny is FLAT OUT in labor. I guess she wanted to make sure she got her breakfast first. With alot of work we got ourselves a awesome looks to be black bay? colt. Already has a name. Zephyr Woods Hawk by a Neck. Guess you know who the dad is. Think Josh will have fun showing this one. Man he has a neck.

OK no sleep ALL night and now have to get ready for work. Will take pictures later. Two more are CLOSE. Be thinking filly fairy for me esp on Betty.
default_wink.png

Hopefully I get some sleep tonight but I wouldn't mind a few more cuties here
default_wub.png

Phenys colt. At 12 hours.
ShawnaandPhenyfoals033.jpg

Shawna's filly at 12 hours. And yes she looks alittle like Treasure BUT no Nighthawk is the father. And she is going to be little and petite not ALL BOY like Treasure
default_new_shocked.gif
ShawnaandPhenyfoals043.jpg

Congratulations Kitty, Don't you just love the boys!!

I will be right along side you tonight. I have my 29" mare ready to bust. We are having storms today and tonight. Her milk is thick, VERY sticky and turning opaque. Today is the last day of the Horse Expo, but I am having someone watch her wile I go up and pack up and bring my horse home. Do not want to leave this mare today.

I will keep my fingers crossed you get the filly fairy there.

default_new_shocked.gif
WOW -two in one night!!! Lucky you for getting one of each and both healthy too!!! Congratulations and waiting patiently(OK NOT!) for pics!!!
default_saludando.gif

Pictures added above BUT remember they are only 12 hours old and can't concentrate on anything except to follow and the colt isn't even sure about that
default_wacko.png

Biig congrats on 2 more cuties!! He he dont u love it when the foals are new and dont want to follow the moms yet? Some of the mares get so mad.

Another exciting night here last night. Betty was due 29 April and this is the FIRST year I have had mares go over there due dates. Betty was restless, bagged up and I was anxiously awaiting this foal. The two full siblings were shown last year at World and one was a Reserve World Champion, the other was tied for 1st in points but was 3rd. Both beautiful show fillies. This foal either way, I knew I was going to be a winner, colt or filly. If colt would cross on Treasure fillies, a filly will be crossed on Treasure.

At 2:30 Betty went into labor. I hadn't slept all night watching her and Adorabelle. I race down there calling out to Shawn to follow as he is sleeping in recliner. I heard Rick get out of bed and ask if she was in labor. I called out yes and was gone. I get down there and she is pushing. The placenta breaks and I see feet. I feel and both feet and a nose are where they are supposed to be. I gently pull and the foal comes partially out to the neck and stops. HMM. I feel around and THERE IS ANOTHER FOOT up by the neck. This is not a good situation with a tiny mare and Betty is all of 28-29 inches. Thankfully Shawn and Rick are in the barn and my arm is slim (the ONLY slim thing on me these days). After much energy and being scared out of my mind I get the foot back and the foal comes out.

It is a BEAUTIFUL palomino filly
default_smile.png
Tiny, refined with a beautiful head.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
She and Betty both were alittle slow but doing well now. Will take pictures later. I have been watching her run and buck in the stall all afternoon.

She doesn't have a name yet but any suggestions will be appreciated. She will be shown by Josh Tibbs at World this year if all goes well and I pray it does
default_wink.png
default_smile.png

Adorabelle is hot on Bettys heels and should foal SOON. I almost thought she was going last night and I was going to have another night of 2 foals. Adorabelles due date is May 4. With Adorabelle we have 7 mares left to foal.

Will be updating our website soon with new pictures of all the babies are are growing fast
default_smile.png

Quick pic at 12 hours old. Needs to unfold but I just love her and she will remain very tiny 28 inches or so. She is very refined with the tiniest muzzle I have seen. Thinking of naming her Zephyr Woods Idols China Doll

ChinaDoll1May2009.jpg
ChinaDoll.jpg

Latest posts

Back