Zeb and Phantom

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yaddax3

Reaction score
For anyone wondering if an older mini can perform at the highest level of competition ...

Our family is thrilled with the AMHR Nationals performances of our 15-year-old and 16-year-old geldings, Enchanted Hollow King Zebulon and Classique's Phantom Gold.

Zeb won nine National Championships and five Reserve National titles, while Phantom won four National Championships and three Reserves.

Zeb and Phantom each won in Youth, Amateur and Open classes -- Zeb in Pleasure and Roadster, and Phantom in Jumper and Park Harness.

Zeb, by the way, won with a 5-year-old, a 9-year-old, a 14-year-old, a 40-something, a 50-something and a 65-plus Golden Ager. Zeb and Phantom can do it all and can do it with all of us.

Zeb's amazing, I love to watch him go. Congratulations!

It was very fun watching all those classes and wins! I particularly love Zeb because I have one at home that looks remarkably like him - my Romeo (D&S Just Honky Dory). I had no idea those horses were that old! It is great to hear how they can continue to be champions into there golden years...just like us!

WELL DONE THE SENIORS!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Many congratulations to you all!!

Congratulations! And, me too... Where are the pictures of these awesome seniors? [i only managed to catch the very last class of the show, so only saw liberty.]

I loved watching Zeb, he is amazing! My Brumby came home with 1-Stakes Win, 2- CH, and 1 Res out of four classes entered and he is 13 yrs old. When horses love what they do and are managed correctly, they can perform for a long time. Most people have a hard time believing that Brumby is only driven at the shows, except for one month prior to Nationals when he goes to the trainer for a tune-up. After Worlds, he won't drive again until March. He'll just have lots of turn out with his best bud, Monet.

Neglected to mention ...

Our 17-year-old gelding Quail Creek's Rumorhasit won in Golden Age Jumper Over.

And speaking of Golden Age, why do we have it just for the exhibitor? Why not add a few classes for minis who are 10 years or older, or 15 years or older?

These minis still have value and it's a shame many of them are turned into pasture pets because there's always a younger one available to show.

Latest posts

Back