Yummy Fried Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharmedMinis

Reaction score
Here in NM our annual New Mexico State Fair is going on right now.

During the fair my Mother and I always have a "fair day" where we spend all day (8AM to 10 PM) at the fair.

We don't eat the day before our fair day because at the fair we literally gorge ourselves
yes.gif

Well we have this concession stand that sells fried treats like candybars.

Last year I got the nerve up to try a fried Rocky Road Bar, and oh my it was heaven
wub.gif

Well this year they had fried Cheesecake, YES, CHEESECAKE...........oh there just aren't any words to describe how absolutely undeniably good that stuff was. I'm not ashamed to admit, I had one for breakfast and one for dessert.

It was like a cross between a filled doughnut and stuffed french toast.........only BETTER
new_shocked.gif

And I finally figured out why the batter they use is sweet............they use pancake batter to fry their sweets in.

They also had fried Cookie Dough this year, but I didn't try it because I'm not a cookie dough person.

Anyway I think it's safe to say that I'm glad I'm only able to eat those once a year or I'd be in big time serious trouble
blush.gif

So if you go to a fair and see fried candy bars or fried cheesecake you must try it!!!
yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a fancy expensive italian-type restraunt here called the Macaroni Grill that we visited once with relatives. Hubby and I weren't impressed with any of the food except the dessert...

Fried Snickers bars. They wrapped 6 snack-size Snickers in something similiar to a won-ton or eggroll wrapper and deep fried it, and served it hot with vanilla ice cream. It was heaven.

And we just got a deep-fry machine a couple of days ago. MWHAHA. I know what I'm gonna pick up next time we go to the store
smile.gif

Man, at this rate I'll gain back all the weight I lost when I was pregnant!

Right now we've got the L.A. County Fair going on in Pomona, which is FAMOUS for deep-fried deserts, such as deep fried twinkies, Oreos and Snickers Bars.
biggrin.gif

Arent those fried candy bars D E V I N E !!!!!! OMG they are So good LOL When I fry dinner I have got to fry some minis ( milky war, mars, snickers) or hubby will have a coniption. talk about GOOOOODDDDDDD Oh they are just too good did I mention they were good?

Oh Good So Glad Everyone Else Loves Them Too!!!
yes.gif

The concession stand at our State Fair does.......Snickers, Oreos, Twinkies, Rocky Road Bars.........and now Cheesecake and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

I asked them and all they use for the batter is pancake mix, they just mix up a batch of the powdered stuff, they had HUGE bags of it.

YUMMY YUMMY IN THE TUMMY
biggrin.gif

EWWWWW I don't like most candy or pop ....I cannot imagine eating that
smileypuke.gif

I like fried food don't get me wrong.......fried chicken, french fries, blooming onions, onion rings, corn dogs, fry bread even.......but the idea of battered and fried candy bars is well toooooooooo much
shutup.gif
smileypuke.gif

I like fried food don't get me wrong.......fried chicken, french fries, blooming onions, onion rings, corn dogs, fry bread even.......but the idea of battered and fried candy bars is well toooooooooo much

I was the same way, I do not like warm choc, it has to be straight from the fridge and the idea of frying it freaked me out LOL then I tried it and WOW HOLD ME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aktion033.gif

Deep fried ... TWINKIES?

Okay, that one does scare me. LOL twinkies are bad enough for you already!!!

I keep thinking of deep-fried ice cream because of the mention of "rocky road" LOL Insane

Back