Youth Classes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katiean

Reaction score
We are going to an AMHA show next month. We don't have enough time to train for the Liberty class. Jessie wants to show in 2 classes in each show. She is 10 years old. Her mare is 3 years old. My question is showing in youth can she show in both single pleasure and country pleasure. With this mare it is a matter of a tack change to get her to perform differently.

You can not show the same horse in both classes. You will have to decide which class she would be best suited for. Do you have any pictures of her on the cart or her action. Maybe someone could help you decide which she would be best at.

I will try to get some pictures tomorrow because we are under a wind warning today and are having 65mph wind.

No, in both clubs, you are only allowed to show in one of the following categories: Country Pleasure, Pleasure, and Park Harness. You are allowed to show in one of the cart classes plus roadster. You can show in all the designated classes in the category if you qualify.
default_smile.png

Go ahead and jump into liberty. There is no training needed. Just make sure you don't touch the horse after the music has started. See too many kids push their horses off as soon as the music starts. :DOH!

Dont forget Western Country Pleasure!
default_biggrin.png

The classes in these two shows for driving are; Single Pleasure and Country Pleasure in Youth, Ladies, Gentlemens, Mares, Open, AOTE, Amature 32" & under, 32"-34" and Open. Well, we do also have Roadster and Obstacle. Jessie doesn't have silks yet and the horse is not ready for Obstacle. Oh yeh, we have Versatility too but she does not have any halter training. I just wanted her to do at least 2 classes in the show. I guess the worst that could happen is that we can't catch the little begger.

Versatility would be great. If your horse can jump and do cart awesome, then halter can be mediocore. Its a great way to learn how to do something! Just make sure she gets her horse square and standing still and she would do fine.
default_yes.gif

Showmanship, showmanship is a great learning class and the horse doesn't have to be a perfect halter horse. Even if it can't perfectly pivot yet as long as it will stand quietly I consider that a start, since the class is suppose to be more about the person anyway.

Good luck at your shows!!

I would start her out in country. It's a little less intense and judged on in part on manners - a nice thing for everyone in the ring to have if it is her first time driving.

I did a partial clip on the mare 2 days ago when we hit 78 degrees. Yesterday it started to get cool so she is blanketed and along with the wind and several broken trees and torn up roofs we had snow. The snow wasn't too bad so we will still get her out to drive today. Just remember in the pictures I did not clip below the knee yet so she looks like she has on knee high fur boots. LOL. I will get the pics up tonight.

Latest posts

Back