Youth AMHA AOTE Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverrose28

Reaction score
Been showing for years but AOTE youth is new to me, and I don't have a new rulebook. I just bought a colt that will be gleded in the fall for my grandkids, aged 6 & 11. When I fill in the trasfer papers I do know that their names must be listed as owners. Question is can I also add an adult as owner, or are only two manes allowed?

Sorry for two posts, my computer wouldn't let me edit this one with the misspelling of manes instead of names, and I thought I cancelled it. Maybe a mod can delete this one. Sorry!

Unless some thing has changed in AMHA a youth can't show AOTE. You can't be an amateur if you are still a youth. A youth family member can show your AOTE horse though.

Hope this helps.

Barb

YOTE is the youth form of AOTE, which is pretty cool but I've found only offered a limited number of places. I don't think that the horse has to be in their name. The AOTE program the horse does not have to be in your name but must be being shown by a family member to the person listed on the papers. I'm pretty sure YOTE is the same way. My kids showed last year at Centrals in the YOTE program but maybe they redefined the program somewhat. The horse must be in the family members name by Jan 1 for the youth or ammy to show that horse in the "OTE" program for that year.

Latest posts

Back