YOUR STIMULUS REBATE CHECK

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinity_Acres

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]How to use Your IRS Rebate check...[/SIZE]

As you may have heard, each of us will be getting a tax rebate check to stimulate the economy.

If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China. If we spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs. If we purchase a computer it will go to India. If we purchase fruits and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras & Guatemala. If we purchase a good car it will go to Japan. If we purchase useless stuff it will go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America!! The only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it at yard sales, since those are the only businesses still in the USA!
default_new_rofl.gif

Or buy a mini horse!!!
default_wink.png

(I just had to share this little laugh!)

Very true, unfortunately, but we are investing in America ours will help pay our rising real estate taxes so I guess that is spending it locally right? Oh and buying some chickens and chicken wire so we will have our own eggs.

Last edited by a moderator:
default_wink.png
We thought about buying chickens but figured by the time you fix a pen and buy the materials then buy the chickens and then buy the corn to feed them and the gas to go get everything
default_wacko.png
, well we figured it was cheeper (LOL) to buy the darn things cause our little check would be gone. :DOH!

naaaa.... yard sales are no different.... it's the same stuff that came from the mentioned stores... just used.

Except for the fruits and veggies.... some places still have farmers markets.
default_biggrin.png

I have been seeing quite a few things in stores that say Made in USA. I bought a bucket from Lowe's and wasn't even thinking about it... happened to look before going to the register. I was amazed.

Sadly, what CKC said is true. If you buy that yard sale crrrrap that already came from China/whereever, it isn't helping.

Purchase from American manufacturers, American craftspeople, American businesses.

We are buying our own doom by spending at Wal-Mart, which is sends China $6 billion annually, last I checked. Talk about chicken feed (which, by the way, would be poison if it was bought from China).

L.

The bummer part was hearing all over the radio how even though we're getting this nice $$, we're getting TAXED for receiving it. Yup...we will all be TAXED for the "additional income" and will have to pay for receiving, and spending the money.

Oh well...enjoy it while you have it!

Q. Is my Stimulus Payment taxable?

A. No. You will not owe tax on your payment when you file your 2008 federal income tax return. But you should keep a copy of the IRS letter you receive later this year listing the amount of your payment.

This is off of the IRS website.

I got the email that said buy beer, the last American product.
default_biggrin.png

default_no.gif
I don't know about the beer...where does the grain & hops come from...CHINA? Is IT contaminated? Will we
default_smileypuke.gif
from drinking it? OMG, maybe I need to grow my own grain and hops and sit in my little storm shelter and ferment
default_cheers.gif
any left -over brew could be put in the gas tank
default_yes.gif
and the grain stuff that fell on the floor could go to the chickens
default_thumbup.gif
and in turn I could have some eggs to eat or pickle the eggs and have them with my brewsky
default_new_rofl.gif

Our money is going in the savings for hay for the horses this next winter, I am going to start putting money with it, it was to hard this last winter for buying hay and this year it will be even more and my horses come before anything. We have 8 big ones and 12 minis.

the good news is they started going out early. mine was put in my account this morning!

Latest posts

Back