Your Spouse's / Significant Other's Favorite Horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I'm inspired by another thread and thought it would be neat for those of us with spouses of significant others who also like the horses to show off their favorites. You know, it's easier to admit they've got favorites than that we ourselves do. I know we love them all, but who does your husband, wife or signficant other favor in your herd?

These are Harvey's favorite horses out of our herd:

Our B Show Gelding, Bacardi, a/k/a Little Kings BT Bacardi Gold. Bacardi is also one of my favorites:

BACARDI%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20136%20GELDINGS.jpg
Bacardi%20--%20Ball%20--%20071107%20--%20112%20GELDINGS.jpg

One of our mares, Khaki, a/k/a Triple H Buckin Khaki. We bought Khaki when she was a week or so old and she's been with us since weaning. Harvey calls her his beautiful girl:

Khaki%20Ball.jpg
KHAKI--07312006--%20BRUSHED%20027%20MARES.jpg

Our 2008 colt (to be show gelding), Ducky, a/k/a Whinny For Me's Dun Buckin Around. Ducky is just sooooooo rotten and lovable at the same time:

Ducky%20051408.jpg
Ducky%20041508%20026.jpg

One of our stallions, DunIT, a/k/a Ericas Gone and DunIT. DunIT has such a good personality and is a total character:

DunIT%20071008%20047%20350%20STALLIONS.jpg
DUNIT%20Ball%20--%20071107%20--%20088.jpg

And our very first mini, Eclipse. Eclipse came to us as a weanling and we had him gelded and eventually trained to drive. He is a very loving and gentle horse:

Eclipse%20061808%20166%20GELDINGS.jpg
Eclipse%20061808%20158%20GELDINGS.jpg

Thee of H's favorites are related and I think a lot of what H loves about them the most is the personality they get from BTU (Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too). Just big hearts in those boys!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, i do not have a "partner" in that sense, but dad and i are the horse "partners"
default_smile.png
. His faverite would be Kitty, everytime he see's her "Man, that flly is pretty"
default_laugh.png

1x45.jpg

1xR.jpg

gmatrot.jpg

This is Martin's. He loves Gramma's "easy keep" status as in she doesn't ever cause (much) trouble. If he sees her foaming, he runs right out and feeds her (she has no teeth so her drool/saliva gets worked into a foam whenever she licks or chews).

She's 32 this year, so hopefully she will continue to have an easy time of it and enjoy her life like she does, now.

Liz

Here is Ron's favorites now. Here is Crunch (D&S NESTLIES CRUNCH HOF) who is the number one guy around here.

ashlandcrunch-316x229-1-1.jpg

And his number one equine gal is Baby (BUCKEYE WCF CLASSICAL BLUE EYED BABY).

babygirl-ashlandregional2008.jpg

And he does wish we could keep Smoothie.

smoothie-2-june182008-2.jpg

Well the old thing isn't a whole lot interested but it seems to me this one holds the most interest for him as l've caught him many times talking and petting him over the fence when he thought l wasn't looking.
default_biggrin.png

AArowdy2008.jpg

Mine would say "any horse that isnt here".

Hubby's favorite mini is Casi, he loves her sweet personality

casihead.9287.jpg

But a close second to her is our stallion Tracker (when Craig and I started dating, Tracker was a weaner and he fell in love with him)

tracker33137.jpg

AND of course the babies... he LOVES the babies... I don't know which he likes better. Sierra was the first, and I didn't make it home from work in time, so he foaled her out. And Jackpot is Casi's baby, and Craig named him...

Sierra

craigsier55-24-8.jpg

Solitaire

solitaire158-3-8.jpg

Jackpot

jackpot118-3-8.jpg

Craig also has a soft spot for our mini jenny Karma. When we got her, she wasn't used to being handled, not even used to a halter. We had her for over a year before she ever willingly let us touch her. And it was CRAIG that broke through her fear. She trusted him way before me. I think they kinda have a special bond, even though he doesn't spend a lot of time with her.

karma48-3-8.jpg

He also loves our Friesian, Radiance. Which is good, since he bought her for me
default_smile.png

radicraig5-25-8.jpg

Jessi

My husbands favourite minis are the mare Cherokee Stables Ohso Dandy and her 2008 filly, SPH Knockouts' Ohso Wonderful. Both can be seen on my website.

Well this is not a mini, but holds a very special spot in my husbands heart. He had wanted a mini donkey for a while and I was able to find one for his birthday 4 years ago. Here is Dixie Belle:

dixiebelle.jpg

Art's favorite is our mare (now our broodmare) Chera Pooh

he showed her for 3 years till 2006,

when she was NJ Grand Champion Performance and Reserve Halter for 2006

and she is such a sweetheart. Although he just loves our stallion Bow too and of course all the foals

Chera Pooh

HPIM0036-1.jpg

HPNX0041-1.jpg

poohjumpingatpinto9-05-1.jpg

Hubby has 2,

River Wood's Rapid Inquisitor "Quiz" (his sire is our avatar photo). Has a heart of gold and shows his heart out.

quizforsaleboard-1.jpg

and River Wood's Montego Shasaedoh "Monty" Also has a heart of gold, cocky, fun and wow can he show in the ring.

MONTYLIZ05fixedandsharpened.jpg

Hubby's favorite's are Sunny. She and I had a huge personality conflict but she would do anything Dave asked. He shows her for me and wants to get her trained to drive.

sunny11.jpg

Then of course it's all because of him that I have riding horses (and a mule!) again.

Stardust - the one he is learning how to ride on

stardust03.jpg

Cheval - the abused girl that hates men....except for Dave of course!

cheval04.jpg

I love this thread
love0034.gif

Harvey pretends the horses are "just" my thing, but he busts his butt helping to take care of them. The other day, just one example, he brought home about 90 bales of hay and put them up after work. Between regular work and the hay, he was out of the house from 4:30am - 9:30pm...

Several times, I have overheard him telling others about our horses
default_wub.png
If you think I'm proud of them... you ought to hear Harvey talk about them
cloud9.gif

Earlier this spring, we had an electrician out and he and H were in the barn. I turned the volume on for the tv that watches the stalls so I could eaves drop
default_biggrin.png
H was telling him ALL about our foals (who were newborn). He got all the details right, too
default_laugh.png

It's really great for those of us who have spouses who love the hoofed wonders, too
thumbup.gif
If H wasn't also into them, I wouldn't be able to have so many or enjoy them nearly as much
default_wub.png

Beautiful horses everyone and Terri... I don't think I ever saw a more huggable looking donkey!!! I love her, too!!!
love0075.gif

[SIZE=12pt]Bill's "horse of his heart" is Oak Parks Ima Little Blue. That's his[/SIZE] baby
default_wub.png
Too cute to watch them together. He really loves all the kids but Blue is his special girl
default_rolleyes.gif

lilblue-1.jpg

Shannans favourite out of my two is definately Hero ( the horse in my avatar) Although the horses are definately "my thing" when ever he comes out with me to see them he loves the way Hero comes running over to him for a scratch (when Shannans with me I'm kinda invisable to Hero lol). Whether he likes it or not they do have a special bond.
default_wub.png

2008WorldStoryHalter.jpg
StoryWall2008World.jpg

This is Scott's most favorite horse to show, Buckeye WCF Classical Story that is a shetland gelding and Scott and Story are amazing to watch in the ring because Story goes off of Scott's body language to cue and set up totally in the ring. Scott has been teaching all our halter horses to set up that way this year and its really working out well and Scott can get off the lead pretty far and not show off the gut you could say and they do not move until he cues then to do so. Its really neat and very interesting for me to sit back and watch them, I sure can't show like that with the horses but he sure has a nack with them and they all respect him and they know when its time.

Latest posts

Back