Your Spouse's / Significant Other's Favorite Horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it sure looks like our husbands have good taste in horses
love0034.gif

And, I'm loving seeing the show pics of husbands and horses. I'm gonna casually show these to H and say how cool it is
angelnot.gif

The truth is -- he'd probably be better at showing them than I am!!!
confused0036.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I too late to play?
default_saludando.gif

Karrel loves them all of course, but he does have some that are his favorites!

Sassy mare

website1006005.jpg

And Sassy's '08 Lotto daughter Suki

website1006006.jpg

I think 29.75" Fox is his most favorite.

(Pardon her momma mare tummy)
default_wub.png

website1003046.jpg

He has a real soft spot for Maggie!

website1016034.jpg

He always admired Magic so he was glad when we were able to get him.

website1006044.jpg

And now I find that he can't keep his hands off The Pooka!

He talks about taking The Pooka places, etc. I think the hubby is trying to steal my colt!
default_laugh.png

website1005007.jpg

2008robincolt4_340.jpg

He also likes Taxi & her '08 colt Mojo.

website1005001.jpg

He's always telling EVERYONE about the horses. He braggs on "his" horses. I'm so lucky to have a hubby who supports me in my love for my little beloveds!

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some beautiful favorites out there
default_wub.png
I think probably my husband Vince would say his favorite horse is Broadway...Spirit Thunders Broadway Express, a son of Mountain Meadows Ds American Express out of a BOB daughter. We weren't looking to buy another stallion when we went to my friend Jessica's house...but Vince wanted to take a look at Broadway just in case...he had seen video of him trotting and was pretty impressed. So we got there...he took a few minutes to check him out and said load him on the trailer!
default_new_shocked.gif
Vince even showed him at the last show...which if you know Vince is just about a miracle...he is not into showing...ESPECIALLY not halter! Here is just a casual shot of Broadway...I just ordered a show picture of him today.

broadway18-5-08.jpg

And then a close second would be Bonsai...we are not appy fans for the most part...but Vince actually saw the video we got of Bonsai first...we had not seen pictures and had no idea about anything other than his breeding and unfortunately the hauler was going to be there within a few days if we wanted to get him shipped at a reasonable price (my trainer at the time had another horse coming from the breeder)...well we weren't into appys...so reluctantly said we'd at least look at the video...well Vince got it before I even left work...called me and said send a check right now! And we couldn't be happier with Bonsai...we both just LOVE this boy...he's giving us nice foals and he's just fun to be around. So here is Westwind Farms Rollers Bonsai, who is paternal brother to Candylands Best Kept Secret out of a Buckeroo/Stouts Golden Feather granddaughter.

WestwindFarmsRollersBonsai.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!

Tracy

I'm glad you listened to your hubby Tracy, Bonsai is gorgeous!
default_wub.png

Beautiful, beautiful horses!!!

Robin, that collage of Pooka -- omg I love it!!!

I think I need some kind of Aunt status to him, as he's such a Perfection
default_wub.png
default_wink.png
default_wub.png
default_wink.png
default_wub.png

Oh yeah Jill! I think you need to be his Aunt!

After all, that "Perfection" was hard to come by! LOL!!
default_wink.png

Thanks again!
default_aktion033.gif

You should see him after being clipped! He looks 3 weeks old instead of 3 months!

Dainty boy with 'tude! But he gives the best kisses, just like his dad
default_wub.png

Gena here on the forum made that collage. She does awesome work!
default_yes.gif

Well he said it would have to be "Fanci" she was the first mare I ever bought and we just love her. I am not the best at grabbing the camera for pictures so I don't have many of her but here are a few candids

Phoenix2.jpg

I love this one she looks so majestic

babyphoenix2.jpg

The close runner up would be Phoenix. He had a rough start but boy he is a fighter and to Patrick showed just how determined these little guys are to live.

PhoenixWild907rs.jpg

He just happens to be out of Fanci
default_wink.png

Well, the horses are my thing and Mark just puts up with them. He's a dog person.
default_rolleyes.gif
He doesn't do much with the horses at all, but he does do things like pack and unpack the trailer for the shows, pick stalls at shows, bathe a few here and there, carry feed bags into the feed room, etc. But he doesn't really know how to communicate with the horses and he works with them like they're dogs. He whistles to them
default_laugh.png

But when I saw this thread I thought I'd ask him which horse was his favorite and I was totally shocked by his response.
default_new_shocked.gif
He said Raven and Spirit were his favorites! I thought for sure he'd say Bella or Mira or one of the old ladies, but no, Raven and Spirit. When I asked him why those two and he said "they seem to be the prettiest ones we have." Hmmmm. Well, that may be true. Maybe he knows more about the horses than I give him credit for!
default_cheekkiss.gif

Here is Raven

raven2007worldshowbackdrop1.jpg

Here is Spirit

spirithead3.jpg

China Doll is definitely Jasons' baby. The worst part is, she knows it! She will be horrible for me, then walk over to him, nuzzle up against him and turn and give me the "see I told you so" look.

2008-08-16-2324-47.jpg

Then, there's Stanley - who is officially his horse (even though I think the horse likes me better)

2008_0905Nationals0027.jpg

2008_0905Nationals0021.jpg

Mark loves all our minis, but Abigail(Royalview Afterglow) is definitely the love

of his life. We got her when she was 4 mos old, shes three now, and he taught

he everything she knows. The feeling is mutual, she will do anything he asks, and runs

over to see him when he comes up to the barn.

100_1032.jpg

Cumberlandshow020.jpg

maineminiatureseptshow079.jpg

2008summer006.jpg

2008summer008.jpg

prince002.jpg

Cathy

Back