Your recommendations on 'whole horse' clippers?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margo_C-T

Reaction score
I know there has over time been discussion of clippers here; I have been asked for a recommendation of what are considered good 'starter' clippers, capable of doing a 'whole' horse at a time, but light, effective, and user-friendly. I have Double K's, and have had Laubes in the past. but it's been awhile since I bought clippers, and in searching equine supply catalogs, am seeing brands I've not seen before, plus ones I've heard of but never considered in past. Wahl is one brand I've seen recommended in the fairly-recent past, for instance. Anyone who's fairly recently bought, what did you get, and how good have you found it to be? Timely responses much appreciated; need is fairly immediate for the person who inquired of me!Corded and cordless both would be considered....

Margo in NM

I have really liked the Andis two speed clippers (more so than the Oster) and have heard a lot of good stuff about the Double Ks that you already mentioned.

For the price I would go with the Andis two speed, but a lot of it has to do with how clean the horse is and a well lubed set of clippers. (Such as clipping a damp but not wet or dry horse)

I second the Andis 2 speed clippers. I got them to clip my 2 minis and have not been happier. You can get many lengths of blades in the "pet" section at Jeffers. Good for show or backyard clipping. Best "bang for the buck" IMO.

Heres a third for the Andis 2 speed! They work amazing. I just got the new "show edge 10 SE" blade for mine. Super excited to use it this year. Even brooke the clipper girl (look her up if you havent heard of her!) recommends andis! and the show edge blades! They're a good price for great clippers. Good for beginners and people who have been doing it for a while!

Thanks for the replies! I did some online 'research' myself, ended up with a Wahl model as well as the Andis 2's to suggest to my friend who asked. She had also 'settled on' the Andis model based on some checking of her own...is ordering those. I will be interested to see if they live up to their reputation!! :)

I have andis 2 speed and this is my first ever time clipping, i found them fabulous but they only did this ladies neck, i had to borrow the big guns for the rest of her.

1891035_238808499637224_306132631_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back