Your foaling season

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REO

Reaction score
How far along are you in your foaling season? How many are you expecting? Tell us all the exciting news! I still miss the many (many!) years I kept the LB foal count
default_smile.png

Some people are done foaling for the year.

Me? Not even started yet!
default_thud.gif

My being so ill last year, I only bred a couple of mares at all. Out of the 17 mares I had, I'm only expecting 3 foals this year.
default_smile.png

I have

Whypy to Nort (due now!)

Kismet to Pooka (way soon!)

Ava to Nort (May)

How about all of you?
default_smile.png

Haven't started yet.

Have one planned foal, turned mare out with stallion June 27th. I don't really know how long she is usually pregnant, so don't know how long of a wait I have. Her earliest 300 day mark would be in a couple weeks, if she took right away.

And, I may have one or two whoops foals, stallion got out July 7th last year; one is a possibility, the other should have been between heats after foaling.

Tried to breed two other mares, they were not the least bit receptive to the stallion, so doubtful.

I thought I'd have a baby by now. The longest Whypy has ever gone is 318. She usually goes at 315. She's 330 tomorrow!

And Kismet is really coming right along!

Good luck in your foaling/s Chanda!
default_yes.gif

We had sworn last year that no matter how our 2012 foaling season went, we would not breed for this year. Then we had three out of three live, healthy and fabulous foals so we ended up breeding 2 mares for this year. Both were "due" this past week but nothing yet except lots of sleepless nights. Bred are Alamos Sirs Toffee Snow (CC Call Me Sir daughter) and Buckeye WCF Last Dance (FWF Little Wardance daughter), both bred to SRF Buckshot (1/2 brother to both SRF Nobility and Buckons Hot Gossip).

For more details and photos, look at the On Target Miniatures thread on the LB Mare Stare watchers/chat forum (one of the sub-forums here on Lil Beginnings). We are on Mare Stare and welcome watchers.....http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=ontarget

Dancer, the maiden that should foal any time, is on the cam in the lower left corner. Toffee is the bay and white wide-bodied mare of the three on the other 2 cams, which show adjoining areas so you can sometimes see horses move from one to the other. Toffee will be stalled soon. During the day there may be additional horses in Dancer's stall, which is part of the turnout area..

we have three i am thinking for this year.

Fancy to Elvis due this month.*her fifth foal*

Echo to Elvis due sept*2nd foal but has been years since she foaled her first foal*

Graice to Elvis due sept*maiden mare*

I pray everyone foals and mares do great during the foaling season.

I am a first time mommy, Ginny is a maiden mare, 5 years old, removed from the stud on May 1 2012, blood tested in August, showed her to be 90 days, which was accurate. She is 347 days today, I feel like this is never going to end, I am sleep deprived, sick, anxious, worried, ect.

I wish all of you healthy, happy, little babies!

Val

Well I have 3 this year.

First one born on Easter Sunday. Tiny bay filly (331 days) out of Missy

IMG_1057.JPG
IMG_1067.JPG

Doll is due next. And Reo she is just like your mare. She foaled 320 days first time, 315 days the second time and we are at 329 days right now and holding.

Lucy is last but not least, is due mid May.

Good luck with everyones foaling and can't wait to see pictures.

I only had one mare due this year, as we stopped breeding because of the market being so recessed. I bred four mares last spring to take to the Champions sale in OH. I brought one home, just couldn't let her go for the little that was offered. FPF Payoffs Dutchess, delivered a beautiful black colt on Feb. 23, he is just stunning. I had her on camera and almost missed it, as by the time I saw her in labor one hoof was presented. I arrived in the barn just in time to remove the sack from his face, and dry him off, mom had done all the work. He is a handful. I love him named him: River Rose Brave Tatonka, for buffaloo. His barn name is tank. Had to get the vet out for him already as his mom pushed him into the stall wall and hurt his elbow, but he is all better now.

Flirtini was born end of January and Echo was born beginning of Feb. Im waiting on three more , one is at 320 days another at 314 days , the 3rd was pasturebred so dont have a date but she looks ready now

60475_4892847473747_59345693_n.jpg

246531_4915117190476_1022955906_n.jpg

11108_594483147230714_1106050341_n.jpg

11490_4823943151182_548948146_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We have 2 foals on the ground so far

Little Kings Buckeroo Buzz out of our mare Spice= a not color tested yet Smokey Cream filly born 2/10/13

Little Kings Buckeroo Buzz out of our mare Uno Lotus= Palomino colt w/blaze born 3/25/13

both of these foals are A/R and also AMHA futurity nominated

2 more due by our stallion Triple K Boogies Bow Tie

D'Aromond Darling Echo = although starting to think she may be open

and Cedar Fields Coco Chanel

So far three on the ground, one in the wings and three "maybe I'm bred" mares left!

We have:

one black colt by Elvis of of Di

one black or silver dapple pinto colt by Elvis out of Skye

one bay filly by Elvis out of Khrissy.

Waiting on a foal by Elvis out of Misty.

Maybes are Cheyenne, Mika and Flash. Seriously doubt these gals are bred. We field bred this year, so they could be due any day or next month!

We had bred 6 mares.

First mare lost her grullo colt to not getting out of sac.

We had a silver pinto colt w/ blue eyes on 3/25 out of HMM Designed For Destiny, by Wesco Farms Rohans Echo ET(354 days)

3rd and 4th foals were born a hour apart on 4/9-1st is a dunskin(sabino) filly(340 days) out of LTD Miss Te and by Running Creeks Destiny Buckeroo, 2nd is a buckskin colt(329 days) out of Magic Markers Chantilly Lace, by Wisteria GMB Dream Come True.

Waiting on two:

Mini Bucks Fancy Freckles(328) bred to Wisteria GMB Dreams Come True and Thorny Rose Rocks Ann(329 days) bred to LM Hawks Ace In The Hole

I'm not sure if we are gonna have a Foaling Season this year or not.

I have a Couple of Mares that were bred last year and would be due between May - August
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back