Your Favorite Show Harness?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_minihorses4ever_

Reaction score
I plan on buying Willie a NICE show harness sometime after this summer. I am going to be working my butt off doing odd jobs, so I want it to be worth it! Anyway, what is everyone's favorite show harness? Please post a picture if you have one too? Thanks!

default_yes.gif
:

I do not really have any pictures of it, but my favorite show harness is my Lutke. I haven't seen another brand I like nearly as well. I do have another show harness (a patent one) but it's not nearly as refined as my Lutke.

Breanne

There will be 2 harness vendors at the Bluebonnet show this weekend. They are both good and I have purchased harness from both of them.

Look me up and we can talk about what to look for.

default_smile.png

I have many harnesses and Lutke is by far the best I'm having him make 2 more right now lol I like them the most because they are extremely easy to adjust to any size and they can be custom made to any color style etc... he does have a website I don't have it off hand but you can search for it if you like.

I have never seen a Lutke Deluxe Show Harness in person
default_sad.png
But I have heard that they are AMAZING! :aktion033:

Lutke Deluxe Show Harness

My next pick would be the Mose Miller Show Harness... Very pretty
default_wub.png
:

Mose Miller

I get my harness in a week or so. I don't know is if is quality yet, but I will post pictures. If it is not what I hoped for I will sell it and buy the Mose Miller.
default_yes.gif
: :saludando:

Edited because I miss spelled quality :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally do not like the Lutke harnesses. Although they look very refined and are easy to clean, I really have a strong preference against the bioplastic tack. They warp and never really seem "comfy" on a horse especially with a closely clipped coat. It is not a harness that I would want to use on a horse longer than a couple laps in the show ring. It is also way too expensive for what you get.

I will suggest the Mose Miller harness as a very pretty, sturdy, and easily-broken-in-comfy show harness. However, I strongly suggest spending the extra couple hundred bucks for the ROLLED harness, not the in-between one. I mistakenly bought the in-between harness (I thought it was "partially rolled") and the leather is ROUNDED not ROLLED. I was very upset at that. Rolled leather takes a lot of skill for the harnessmaker but adds to the durability of the leather and prevents stretching. On the flip side, rounding the leather takes little skill, and decreases the durability and allows it to stretch faster. But for around $700... that rolled leather Mose Miller harness is very VERY pretty and very VERY well made. It stands up to the leather show harnesses that are $1500 or more I think, for the price.

The link above that Midnight Star Stables posted is the ROUNDED Mose Miller harness. Here is the link for the ROLLED Mose Miller harness:

Rolled Mose Miller show harness

There are other show harnesses out there, if you find a used one you are lucky!

Andrea

I LOVE my Mose Miller Rolled Show Harness. To me it was very affordable, I can't afford the $1500 for some of the other show harnesses. The Mose Miller is just a gorgeous harness. Andrea was very helpful to me when I was shopping
default_yes.gif
: Thanks Andrea :saludando: I am very happy with this harness. It fits every horse I've used it on and is very sturdy, yet looks so dainty and nice on the horses.

Here it is on my Mom's 36.5" driving mare, Sky.

skyMom.jpg

:aktion033:

I love our Lutke harness.

We have several harnesses but it is without a doubt my favorite

Will have to have a look at the Rolled one too though

I agree with Disneyhorse. The Biothane doesn't mold to the body like good leather.

In addition, in emergcies, leather will break before a leg. Biothane won't. You might have a ruined harness, but better that than a ruined horse.

Plus a top quality Leather one is less expensive than a Lutke.

I got mine from STAR LAKES TACK and love it. Rolled leather and about $700

I LOVE my Mose Miller Rolled Show Harness. To me it was very affordable, I can't afford the $1500 for some of the other show harnesses. The Mose Miller is just a gorgeous harness. Andrea was very helpful to me when I was shopping
default_yes.gif
: Thanks Andrea :saludando: I am very happy with this harness. It fits every horse I've used it on and is very sturdy, yet looks so dainty and nice on the horses.

Here it is on my Mom's 36.5" driving mare, Sky.

skyMom.jpg

I LOVE it! I think I am going to go for this one..

Thanks so much everyone! Keep them coming!

I also have a Lutke and like it. I am not much of a leather cleaner so the biothane works for me. My lutke is rolled and I have liked it so far.

outlaw

We bought a Lutke at Nationals and a few weeks ago ordered another one and I love them and how delicate and fancy they look on the horse compared to the average regular harness.

Having said that......we also just bought two of the Mose Miller type rolled leather show harnesses and they have a very similar refined and delicate look when they are on the horses. I do feel the brass or gold hardware looks a lot prettier than the silver, but that would be personal preference and what looks best on the horse.

If you want real top of the line. No one can beat a Freedmans. They can and will make you anything you want.

Am hoping to get one before I am 60!

I agree with Disneyhorse. The Biothane doesn't mold to the body like good leather.

In addition, in emergcies, leather will break before a leg. Biothane won't. You might have a ruined harness, but better that than a ruined horse.
Sadly I never found this the case with mini's. Unless you are using poor quality leather.

Have seen leather not break when it should... I have seen Bio harness break..where good quality leather does not.

The leather breaking works for the big horses..but as of yet.. I have not seen it work for minis.

If you want real top of the line. No one can beat a Freedmans. They can and will make you anything you want.

Am hoping to get one before I am 60!

Sadly I never found this the case with mini's. Unless you are using poor quality leather.

Have seen leather not break when it should... I have seen Bio harness break..where good quality leather does not.

The leather breaking works for the big horses..but as of yet.. I have not seen it work for minis.
This is exactly the point I was planning to make!

Additionally, beware of "mini break away halters". I know the leather strap on some of them is the same thickness as on my full size breakaway halters, and I do not trust them.

Latest posts

Back