Your Favorite Restaurants?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to hear about your favorite places to go to when you go out to eat?

My favorite fast food is probably Subway or Chick-Fil-A. I used to love Boston Market, but they closed those around us... Oh, and I love McDonald's breakfast, especially their coffee
eat.gif

For my favorite sit-down chain restaurant, it would have to be Outback. I love their Victoria's Filet cooked for about 30 seconds
default_biggrin.png

Then for an amazing, fairly local restaurant, my favorite (feels like you went to heaven) restaurant is The Inn at Little Washington. It's somewhat expensive ($150+ plate) but just makes a really special evening. It is known around the world
default_yes.gif

[SIZE=14pt]What about you? Where are your favorite places to go out to eat?[/SIZE]
steak.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh we have a few. Altho we don't frequent them very often when we do it's a treat for sure. I'll list them in not exactly the order of favs.

Don't like fast food much...but if absolutely "have to" it's Wendy's.

Then as far as restaurants go there is: The Border (Mexican), Carrabas (Italian Bar and Grill), and Olive Garden. While we were traveling to OK we discovered Cracker Barrel, good home cooking away from home.

Mmmmm......Outback Steakhouse.....my all time fave. Ribeye, rare with house salad with tangy tomato dressing and side of steamed veg. Oh......soooo gooood....

I also like The Olive Garden, since our favorite italian place closed. there is also a nice mexican place called Tio Juans. Mmmm.....beef chimichanga with refried beans.

great, all I'm having for dinner is a hamburger on the grill, with macaroni saled and asperaga, that I have to make. No fun.
default_wacko.png

A local italian resturant called 391 South Main, is absolutly the best!

2nd would be the mongolian BBQ. You make ANY combination you want, go to the bar put all the meat, veggies, sauce on your plate, then go to the grill thats HUGE and the cooks cook your food right in front of you. Theres one in Indianapolis, it awsome!

Then Subway.
default_laugh.png

I don't cook, so I eat out a lot. One of my favorite things about going to shows is eating out at new places.
default_smile.png
My favorites are:

Taco Del Mar for their shredded beef mondito burritos

Applebee's for their HOT boneless buffalo wings with bleu cheese dip

Claim Jumper for their bleu cheese wedge salads

I also love a good filet mingon - the one I had at Cattlemen's Steakhouse in Oklahoma a couple years ago was awesome

Red Lobster's chef special salmon plate is wonderful

And a local place called Whistlin' Jack Lodge offers some great seafood, too.

Steakhouses: (rib eyes, drenched in butter and cooked about 30 seconds like Jill.....
default_biggrin.png
)

Del Friscos

Ruths Chris

Medium priced:

Carrabbas (the BEST pomegranate martinis)

Olive Garden

Outback

Chinese:

PF Chang's Chinese Bistro

BBQ:

Carson's

Tony Romas

Seafood:

Pappadeaux

Red Lobster

With the exception of Portillos in Chicago......when I am up there........ I HATE most fast foods but will eat Subway or Chick-fil-a and Sonny's BBQ if I am starving and about to keel over. OH! Mickey D's french fries IF I have a hangover.........which really isn't very often.

Coffee:

Dunkin Donuts

Various wonderful
default_eat.gif
small local restaurants in so many places I have eaten at when traveling with the horses and entertaining clients.

Wish we had a Wendy's, an Olive Garden, and a Mongolian BBQ closer! LOVE them!

We tend to go to small home town places over the franchises........We will go to Arctic Circle instead of McDonald's........or to a local "greasy spoon" over either of them. And there's a northwest fast food oriental place called "Soba"s" that we like.

Oh, Jill.. you always know how to make me hungry.. for food or for a horse! HAHA..

Umm.. Let me think..

Fastfood..

I LOVE Subway.. remember I am a picky eater (another post).. give me a plain cold cut w/ cheese on It. bread (I throw the bread away) and eat the meat and cheese in layers.
default_rolleyes.gif

Second choice on fast food.. would have to be Wendy's.. I eat the plain grilled chicken sandwhich, but add cheese.. I also love the salads..

Where I live we have just about everything, but I prefer those two..

Sit-down..

I love Outback.. I get a chicken and shrimp pasta called "No Rules Pasta" (new name).. some add scallops.. I did once, but didn't care for them Outback style.. I also add a lobster tail when I can afford it.
default_wub.png

I also like Ruby Tuesdays, but liked them more before their change in style..
default_laugh.png

I LOVE Olive Garden, but it doesn't like me.. it makes me feel like a fat kid on my Birthday. :DOH!

Added:

I LOVE seafood.. most kinds anyway.. snowcrab legs, blue crabs and shrimp..

My favorite local place to eat blue crabs when I don't feel like cooking them myself is called SeaBreeze or Drift Inn.. I used to work their, many, many years ago..

As for all you can eat snowcrab legs.. there is a place approx. 45 minutes from me called Capt. Johns.. the best!
default_saludando.gif

I love Red Lopster
default_eat.gif

King crab legs with lemon/butter sauce, mashed potato's and those yummy biscuts, the closest red lopster is in sandusky so its about a hour drive ....if it was closer i could eat there daily i bet.

Arbys has breakfast now, i love their biscut and gravy, but i hardly get up early enough to drive there a they stop serving at 10:30am. I really like subway too.

I love Frickers ...its more of a sports place, you can get burgers ...things like that, hot wings. Back in high school we use to go their during the fall on Friday nights ...but it has been a while...

I dont like fast food and wont eat there, but I do go to Subway. For just a nice restaurant. I have 3 favorites.

1) Bavarian Inn~ about 20 minutes from our farm and I ALWAYS get there prime rib. Was there just last night for it. The ambieance makes you feel like your sitting at a restaurant in Germany. Prices are good (a 16 oz prime rib is only$18.95, on Saturday night)

2) Al Johnson's Swedish Restaurant~ I LOVE this place. The roof is thatched and goats actually make the roof there home and keep the roof trimmed. Its known world wide. Pricey but good. Its about a 1.5 hour drive from our farm in Door County, Wi.

3) The Mine Shaft~ excellent steaks, and seafood. This place use to be a actual mine shaft, but has been restored to a restaurant, really unique and good. Pricey, but well worth it. Its 2.5 hours from our farm, but close to my sis in Cedarburg, Wi. Whenever we are down by my sister's this is the ONLY place we go to eat.

Thanks for this thread Jill...now I am hungrey!

We never go out to eat. Never been to those places.

*Maybe* once a year if we go some place and need to grab a fast food burger, but that's it.

But I'll be cooking something good on our anniversary coming up
default_yes.gif

My friend Bill's house! Just kidding, he is an awesome cook! His New Mexico green chile is to die for.

Rio Cafe here in Astoria, owned and operated by a friend. Nice, authentic style Mexican.

Urban Cafe, again, the owners are like friends (uncle and neice combo), and the food is consistently great.

Lazy Spoon Cafe (they have greek food, which I love).

Thanh Thao in Portland, OR or Pho Van, also Portland. Thai and Vietnamese. I love beef noodle soup!

Columbian Cafe here in Astoria. The owner is another "good friend" and he is a great chef, as well. He buys much of his produce and seafood locally, and we greatly appreciate that fact.

I just detest Red Lobster...I eat there once in a while, but 90% of their fish is farmed (bleah) and, well, for the price, I just think the seafood is almost rotten. I do like their biscuits, though....and often get the halibut if they have it, because it's wild caught. I am spoiled that way, though.

Ship Inn here in Astoria. It overlooks the river and has halibut fish & chips, other seafood it's sort of English pub style food. A teeny bit spendy at around $25 a plate more or less, but looking out over the river is worth it.

I like Chevy's for Mexican. Sensing a theme?

Another "fast food" that I like is Baja Fresh. I've grown weary and avoid most of the places like McD's, Wendy's and BK, even Taco Bell...and I avoid KFC like the plague. Raw chicken and feathers in the chicken when you're buying a bucket of said to eat, is just gross!!!!

Interesting thread!

Liz

I love Olive Garden. It is my favorite. For a great steak, T.K. Tripps, best Ribeye I have had in a restaurant, my dad grills the best I have ever eaten.

For fast food, Chik-Fil-A, and sometimes Subway(Samantha's favorite). For a burger, I prefer Burger King.

For a great meal period, Robin's House (that would be REO) she is a great cook, I will never forget the meal she fixed for us.

The best seafood in a long time, we had it about a month ago in a little town outside of Morehead City, NC (right on the ocean) called Crabby Pattys, the food was great.

For a great meal period, Robin's House (that would be REO) she is a great cook, I will never forget the meal she fixed for us.
Soo.. does that mean I have been interested in all of those amazing horses, but turned off due to distance (and don't want to rely on a pro. transport)..

Soo. Robin.. dinner and a horse!?

Oh my.. Haha.. J/K.. maybe!
default_wub.png
default_saludando.gif

My favorite fast food is Chic-fil-a too. My favorite steak house is Longhorn specially the one in Frederick MD, awesome prime rib and the Perfect margarita it great. One of the best I have ever had is Duchess Daughter in Fred. MD. There was a seafood resturant in Va. Beach that I used to love called Charlies, don't know if its still there but they had killer she crab soap.

For fast food I love the bread bowls and chicken carbonara at Quizno's and have something near a fetish for Taco Bell's chicken quesadilla (but only with extra jalapeno sauce).

For sit-down chains, I also like Olive Garden, but every time they get a new entree I like they change it a month later. :DOH!

My real food joy though is finding new places. I do miss city food sometimes, but we've got some pretty good restaurants around here too. There's an exceptional Mexican restaurant called Mi Margarita an hour away that has redefined the taco for me. There was also a heart-healthy Mexican restaurant down the road from my old job called Chicks 'n' Salsa that had the best salsa I've ever tasted. There's a little hole-in-the-wall Italian place (doesn't even accept credit cards!) the next town over that's called Benny's and is run by the man himself. And when we're feeling up to the drive there's an authentic German restaurant about 1 1/2 hours away called Kaiserhof, and their kartoffelpfannkuchen (sp) and sausage are excellent.

A shame all these places are already closed tonight...For some reason I suddenly feel hungry...

I am a rare steak person as well-"Walk the cow through the kitchen" is my favorite quote.

I Love the bread at Outback, but their steaks are not as good as Ruth Chris. As my boyfriend and I are doing well, but not every steak at Ruth Chris well- Outback is a constant as well.

However my all time favorite place is a super odd place.

It's called Too Bizarre Wine Bar- Mostly a combination of sushi, interesting crepe creations, asian fusion, awesome pastas, wonderful salads- and a pastry baked brie brick served with fresh fruit, and warm bread and Jam! Heaven! They also of course have an incredible selection of wines- but as I don't drink- it's not as exciting to me.

Best of all- the whole place is made up of couches and love seats and big wing chairs- as well as any and all assortment of neat things- and All of it is for sale. So it's ever changing and always wonderful service and great food. Sometimes it's almost impossible to get in, but it's worth the wait. Excellent for client entertaining, and for just a wonderful time out-

It's my spot, and I love it!

Thanks Karen!
default_wub.png
You and Samantha are welcome to come for a meal!

Michelle, You don't have to buy a horse from me to get a meal! I'll cook for ya if you come!

I do enjoy making something yummy for people!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back