Your Favorite Restaurants?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt about it, its Dan's grill. The boy can grill anything and make it taste perfect. Nothing better than sitting under the shade trees watching him work his magic whether its ribs, chicken, burgers or hot dogs. Good food, good company. My cooking isn't too bad either. I don't love to cook especially but I do and it's usually pretty decent and I get a few compliments on occasion.

I also like Subway when I work in town.

I like the onion soup from Ruby Tuesdays with their bread sticks and whipped honey butter

and Outback Steakhouse and Cracker Barrel
default_eat.gif
default_eat.gif
default_eat.gif

Dancookingout.jpg

In Tulsa OK, just a couple blocks down from the AMHR Nationals show/ Pinto World Show/ Expo Square.

It is called Billy Ray's.

Has been voted number 1 restaurant in Tulsa for a lot of years. Nothing fancy, so can go in your grubbys and nobody cares. they feed you off of a big red tray with wax paper covering it. just piled with catfish, baby back ribs and bbq chicken with 5 sides !! it is so good, everytime I come home from showing down there, I always want to drive back just to eat there !! if you're down there, just go out on 15th street- head east thru 2 lights, its on your left.

uuummmmm uuummm gooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE Olive Garden, chicken scampi, mmmmm. My hubbie hates italian so I rarely get to go.

I also LOVE Pappadeaux, and am willing to drive the two hours to Atlanta to eat there, it's that good, cajun seafood stuff.

If I have to eat fastfood, I love Hardees steakburgers, much better than Wendy's in my opinion.

There is also a local historical (since the 50's) favorite around here called Niki's. They have the best huge, flaky onion rings that melt in your mouth. They also have shrimp and grits, it's a southern thing!!

I'm not a big fan of chain restaurants...too much spice, too much grease, too much oil....does not agree with me....

BUT when I am south of the border, I do love Olive Garden....not many of them around, and I don't know of any up here anymore. Used to be one close by, but it closed a number of years ago.

Otherwise, Ruby Tuesdays is ok, though I'm not found of how they've changed either. Outback if I'm desperate....

Went to some Italian restaurant when we were near Nashville and it was REALLY good!! Can't remember the name of it though....

Red Lobster is good both sides of the border.

My favourite spots up here:

MOXIE'S - I LLLOOOOVVVEEEE this restaurant, and don't get there nearly enough!
default_wub.png
(they opened AFTER I got my Moxie, so no I didn't name her after the restaurant!
default_rolleyes.gif
).

These are all NOT chains:

On the Fork (in the art gallery in London, ON) - but their head chef quit about a month ago....and he MADE the restaurant...now it's not nearly as good....

The Sunroom (in Stratford) - but the current owners just sold it and won't be there after January
default_sad.png
They've been open for at least 10 years and want a change of lifestyle
default_no.gif

Crave or Next Door (they are side by side, owned by the same guy, but serve different styles of food) it's pretty good, not outrageously expensive

The Tasting Room - they serve really good food....and have Stella on tap!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_cheers.gif

k, that's all I can think of right now....

~kathryn

Yum, I'm getting hungry too! All those places sound great compared to my cereal and cinnamon toast.
default_yes.gif
I must agree with who ever said earlier that the biscuits at Red Lobster are good. I could so easily eat a whole basket of those cheesy little things plus the rolls from a chain around here called Texas Roadhouse.

Another great place up around an hour or so away from us is a little restaurant called Aunt Millie's. Their desserts, I kid you not, are probably around a foot tall and really really wide
default_biggrin.png
. Awesome cakes that could easily dwarf the supermarket bakery ones.
default_yes.gif
Plus the huge slice you get could give a family of four dessert for the night (been there).

But my all time favorite restaurant is ten minutes away from me. It's called George's Patio Bar & Grill. My favorite place in the world that serves up the best prime rib, secret recipe spaghetti and meatballs, chocolate pies, root beer floats, and a wicked apple sauce. The place is only open in the summer because the main seating is out on the patio and a smaller dinning room called the back porch right next to it. Compliments to the chef, great stop to eat.

Locally there is a little place right here close that has wonderful food, great steaks, out of this world desserts - all homeade, sometimes I just go and get cheesecake.......or 6 layer carrot cake. It's called Jassens or LakeFront (as it's litterally on the Greers Ferry Lake, has it's own dock so if you are out boating you can pull up park, go in and eat)

Blue and White Cafe' in Tunica, MS when we are showing there. Very neat cafe', lot of history.

Fried Dill Pickles - so yummy!!!

There is a great Pizza Place in Purcell, OK when we used to show there, all homeade and just so good.

Outback is another one that we go to quite a bit when we are out showing in different places.....I love a good ribeye and a wallable darned.

Cheesecake Factory!!!!! Big servings of mouth watering food and awesome cheesecakes to take home of course.
default_biggrin.png

Taco Mac is very good too. Their hamburgers are huge and delicious.

On The Boarder for Mexican.

I like Olive Garden too - their salad and bread sticks are great.

Now I am hungry...

Boy I must of been half a sleep when I typed this....

Good way to get us all hungry Jill
default_yes.gif

I LOVE Mexican!! Our Tequilas is the Best! I could bathe in that white cheese!! Ha!

Love Red Lobster

Love TGIFridays Strawberry fields salad!

Bread Basket Cafe- they have the BEST chicken salad!

Anthonys Pizza in Bryson City North Carolina ( we go there every year on vacations and I have to have Anthonys)

I just had the thin mint blizzard at Dairy Queen this weekend, it was delicious!!

My favs are:

BBQ --- Sticky Fingers -- I LOVE their dry rub ribs their wings are awesome as well

Italian -- Olive Garden

Steaks -- Binions -- Hendersonville, NC -- Lonestar Steakhouse is second

Burgers -- Ocharley's or Fatz Cafe

Local joints that we frequent is Bantam Chef in Chesnee, SC

Karen

My favorite is Ruths Chris. I am sooo hungry now :DOH! .

Latest posts

Back