Your Favorite Guilty Pleasures / Hobbies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
What are your non-horsey favorite guilty pleasures and hobbies?

I say non-horsey because I don't think time with them is anything to be guilty over and it keeps me sane even when I just have time to go around and hand feed everyone a couple cookies.

My favorite guilty (and lazy) hobbies:

• listening to audio books (which often leads to the next...)
  • taking a nap
  • long, hot baths (a nut for new soaps, shampoos, bubble bath stuff...)
  • tv... tv... tv.... Love having a TIVO full of good shows and a stack of movies from Netflix
[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]How about you all? What are your favorite guilty pleasures?

Sitting on the boat and drinking a cocktail (be it beer, a margarita, or a greyhound)!

Of course, my favorites can’t be mentioned here. However:

•I’m still a kid and I like to play the video games. Now, I use my son as an excuse to buy them.

•I too enjoy more television than I should, but I really love to watch movies.

•One that I don’t feel too bad about is that I am becoming a gym freak again. I was one when I was younger and I’ve really missed the way that it makes me feel.

•To counteract that last one, I have a major sweet tooth and will eat junk food all day long if I’m allowed to.

Sonya’s plan sounds pretty good too.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guilty pleasure takes two things,

1. HAMMOCK

2. Bottle of wine (glass optional)

I SO don't do that enough..................whoa wait it's FRIDAY.

Sonya what's a GREYHOUND?

doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and i do not feel one bit guilty about it. of course, it only happens once in a blue moon.
default_gaah.gif

Having a nice glass of wine at the end of a long day and then playing "sting me if you can" with my Lionfish :DOH!

b-1.jpg

d-1.jpg

I also LOVE supporting my sons pole vault addiction
default_rolleyes.gif

*Watching TV and Movies ..i love a good drama movie

*McDonalds Sweet Tea ..i have to have one of these every day

*Spending time on LB and various other sites...to much time normally

*Just laying in bed with the dogs and cuddling with them...normally with a good movie (I need a man...)

default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Reality TV. I love Big Brother, Survivor, Top Chef, Americas Next Top Model, Prject Runway, Clean House, House Hunters. I just love real TV. I do watch Ghost Whisperer, Army Wives, Oh and my soaps, Y&R and ATWT. But like Jill, I record all of them so I can fast forward through commercials. Plus I work from home so I might listen to the TV during the day but very rarely ever watch it. I do watch the Today show in the mornings.

My worst gulity pleasure, coke. I love it. But I am trying to cut down and drink more water, its not easy.

Forgot about Wii too. I have Wii sports, Mario Galaxy and just got the Wii Fit, now that works you. and makes you feel bad if you miss a day.

Reading a good book!

Playing with the young cats.

Hot chocolate in the evening.

Watching the horses graze. oopppss....that is horse related. :DOH!

Collecting two Japanese maples a year, at the Japanese garden sale in Portland OR.

Painting/drawing/gardening/handspinning wool and just picked up my Horsebow last week for the first time to do a little Archery for the first time in over a year.

default_biggrin.png

I don't think they are guilty pleasures but I like to play my piano when I'm alone and its quite

and I really like making movies of Amy and the horses and Dan when he's dancing.

mine is horse related but also pet related.

I don't have a horse right now and i can't afford one at this point in my life but everyday i check all the on-line sales boards i know, i don't know why but i just can't stop myself.

that being said i also check up on every cat and dog rescue site i know of everyday too.

My guilty pleasure is sitting on our front porch watching the hummingbirds and ducks on the lake, reading a book, and drinking ice water.

My hobbies are weaving, crocheting, sewing, dollmaking, and making things with stones that I tumble.

Not much into TV, but love the stereo!

*Nintendo Wii (Mario Kart has me hooked right now, along with Guitar Hero III)

*playing video games through Facebook :DOH!

*watching General Hospital - though that is turning into an obsession....going on 20 years now
default_wacko.png
I'll say, ok I'm done with watching it, and 2 or 3 days later, I'm tuned in again
default_rolleyes.gif

Favourite hobbies:

*showing the dogs, which also includes training the dogs

*knitting (which is normally done while watching Colorado Avalanche hockey)

*taking pictures of anything that looks beautiful or interesting at the time (especially now that I've got a really nice camera)

~kathryn

Oh i completely forgot the Wii. I do not do video games. I just dont, BUT i love the Wii for some reason. I guess i do not like video games because people get addicted to them and sit infront of the tv all day long (kind of like how i do on the computer .......).

My nephews got a Wii when it first came out, they brought it down once or twice and i played it ...okay, its kind of neat. I held strong for a few weeks saying "video games are stupid", but i am now a proud owner of a Wii and highly addicted to Guitar Hero and various other games
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

LOL leeanna,

Jen and i are ADDICTED to sweet teas! we had to make several sweet tea runs while at Area II.. if we had known we would have picked you up one too! we were even in the same barn!

I'd have to say my guilty addictions are my dogs (aussies). I spend so much time with them it's not even funny. I think i'm fluent in dog talk. I'm a big softy when it comes to them and spoil them absolutely rotten!

I haven't done it much in several years but White water kayaking, sailing, downhill skiing, and scuba diving.

Few other things that i can't really mention..LOL

I love Wii games (sports) and have an addiction to Coke (can hardly get thro a day with out it geez, I am trying tho to switch to water, tea or Iced tea (I wonder if this is what someone called Macdonald's sweet tea, I do know in the US iced tea is JUST cold tea lol we have it presweetened and with added lemon etc) and I have a sweet tooth too. BUT my real guilty pleasure, the one I rarely talk about is writing. I write poetry, short stories and have started a full length book (still trying to convince myself to finish it and submit it for publication).

LOL leeanna,

Jen and i are ADDICTED to sweet teas! we had to make several sweet tea runs while at Area II.. if we had known we would have picked you up one too! we were even in the same barn!

I'd have to say my guilty addictions are my dogs (aussies). I spend so much time with them it's not even funny. I think i'm fluent in dog talk. I'm a big softy when it comes to them and spoil them absolutely rotten!

I haven't done it much in several years but White water kayaking, sailing, downhill skiing, and scuba diving.

Few other things that i can't really mention..LOL
My husband is a whitewater kayaker and we raft too. We go to North Carolina, Arkansas to do this. I love watching my husband do cartwheels in his tiny kayak. Its funny the 1st one he had was about 20 foot long, now after many kayaks, his is about 6 ft long and he has a ball in it!! Glad to see someone else does or did this too...

well i'm probably no where near as good..lol back when i was in high school my dad had a friend that was serious into it and he took us under his wing. He taught us about holes and surfing and all that jazz. I love the reverse holes you can paddle into and they shoot you right back out. He also took us over some pretty good size waterfalls ect. it was a lot of fun. he moved away and my family sort of fell out of it, and as you know it's not a sport that should ever be done alone sooo..i haven't done it much over the last several years!

Latest posts

Back