Your favorite color, among your minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROANS!!! Anything roaned!

But bays and buckskins are top.

My herd of 8 is all bays or buckskins and roaned with the exception of 1 silver dapple.

I do however LOVE duns and grullas and appys altho I dont have any.

I own...

1 smutty buckskin roan

1buttermilk buckskin roan

1 buttermilk buckskin

2 solid bays

2 bay roans

1 silver dapple or silver black dapple

Wes.jpg

100_2919.jpg

DSC02819_cropped_6x4_2nd_set_sm.jpg

DSC03512_cropped_6x4_sm.jpg

DSC03204_cropped_6x4_sm.jpg

DSC03371_cropped_6x4_sm.jpg

DSC02915_cropped_6x4_sm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pintos are for sure what I love best, solids just do not do it for me but

Our little Stallion just gives so much to us.

Little Rowdy

Rowdy collage A.jpg

We have 3 overos, but this guy stands out

He will be trained to drive for 2012

Our Gelding Black Magic Eclipse

Magic AA.jpg

Such beautiful horses!
default_wub.png

I find it hard to pick just one color that I love... so, it has to be buckskin, grullo and silver dapple.

Here's one of our stallions, a buttermilk buckskin, Alvadars First Lieutenant...

0092.jpg

And our grullo stallion, Dusty Lane Vegas Bet a Buck...

DustyLaneVegasBetaBuck-Stallion2.jpg

And finally, my sweet little silver dapple mare, S&DMs Sally...

Katie_Sally05-21-11_4.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!

I love any color roan and silver blacks.

foxy5.jpg

281374_2299557975166_1435651841_32774854_5541657_n.jpg

I also love buckskins. Here is my smutty one

Tank

284612_2261559145219_1435651841_32720905_1749503_n.jpg

Here he is in the winter with more highlights in his coat

317752_2622946739683_1435651841_33106825_701329303_n.jpg

[i'm among those who can't choose just one favorite color, but I'll choose just a few for this thread.
default_wink.png

This is Magic Mist Elegant Express. I've always just loved bays of all shades, but this bright bay shade is my favorite.

m_ellie_00.jpg

I like a golden palomino (Getitia, yours is GORGEOUS! *DROOL*) Here's Magic Mist Iced in High Cotton, no clipping, not even a bridle path (hm, the previous horse was the same, you'd think I liked hairy horses or something) and fat as can be as she was on pasture 24/7 at the time. Next year I swear I will get some pictures of clipped horses!

Cotton_05.jpg

I do very much like the buckskins. There are two new ones that I need to add to my website, and a few others that I don't have very good pictures of, but here are a few. Erica's Streakin For Bucks, smutty buckskin appy stallion:

streaker_00.jpg

Our Jandt's stallion, "Cowboy"
Cowboy_00.jpg

And two of the six fillies he's sired for us since we got him. Six for six fillies for us so far, such a good boy!

Aliyana:
aliyana_01.jpg

And Uniquely AMayZing:
UniquelyAmazing.jpg

Well I love my bays, here is my stallion, Oneka's Devil After Dark.

Dev2.jpg

dark.jpg

I also love my appys and pintaloosas, here is my pintaloosa mare, Sarabeaus Willow.

Willow1.jpg

Willow2.jpg

I also love the colouring on this mare, Quarter Scales She Can Dance.

Dancer.jpg

dancerandshasta.jpg

It is hard just to choose one colour as I like them all.
default_wink.png

More than a specific color, I really (really!) like cream dilutes, espeically solid color. In our breeding and future breeding horses, two of our three stallions carry cream dilute (a smokey silver black and a smokey grey-grullo), and thirteen of our mares / fillies also carry cream (6 buckskins, 6 double dilutes, and 1 golden palomino). )... these genes worked together to give us a 3-for-3 foal crop this year of double dilutes (Buckeroo bred fillies to boot). Here are some pictures that capture what I like in cream dilute colors:

Cover Girl, one of our double bred Buckeroo granddaughters who sports golden buckskin color:

267671_10150233995528155_522573154_7356174_5723109_n.jpg

Bliss, who is a golden dappled palomino filly with Rowdy & Buckeroo lines:

Bliss-06262011-1--MARES.jpg

Infinity, a smutty buckskin triple bred Buckeroo mare:

283215_10150236407583155_522573154_7380304_6975320_n.jpg

AND all three of our double / triple Buckeroo bred fillies from this year, Divine, Design & Delight, who are each double dilute (with some pinto and dun factor thrown in, too!):

http://www.whinny4me.com/design-page.html

http://www.whinny4me.com/design-page.html

Design---04022011---1wk-old-14---FOALS.jpg

Delight---04042011---5hrs-old-4--FOALS.jpg

I want to also "tack on" my two National winning stallions, Destiny and DunIT, who have but visually hide that cream dilute gene I love so much. Of course, they each played an important roll in our foal crop this season and are great baby daddies
default_biggrin.png
default_wub.png
default_biggrin.png

Destiny:

Destiny%20Pictures%20By%20Shannon%20--%20June%202007%20--%20002.jpg

DunIT:

DunIT%201.jpg

Beautiful horses everyone! Those black pintos that everyone has pictured are just gorgeous! I love any color on a good horse but I have to say silver dapple(silver black) is my probably my top favorite one closely followed by a black pinto (even though I don't own one yet!). I love pintos period, no matter what base color they are!

Here's my silver dapple pinto Chyanne, she dapples out when clipped:

100_0562.jpg

Here's my other pinto Dee- bay pinto that is!:

100_0594.jpg

As much as I hate to keep an all gray/white horse clean here is my favorite girl Roxy, she's a chestnut sabino that grayed out I believe - bald face with 1 blue eye! She really shines when she's all clean!

IMG_0169.jpg

Becky M.

This is a terrible picture, but I love my silver black mare. She still has some winter fuzzies in this picture, but when clipped she is such a rich, dark color with big dapples. She took a lot of firsts in solid color this year and even took a reserve Grand in open halter (in the over division and she is an under mare) pulled straight from the pasture. Love her-and don't tell anyone, but she is appy bred top and bottom
default_smile.png

2011-06-10_16-48-29_711.jpg

This little buckskin filly stayed her beautiful creamy color even as she aged. Most of her sire's foals were sooty so darker. But this girl's color was so lovely.

Ahmen2.jpg

My gorgeous 'old man', Phantom is a nice rich dark bay plus he is tovero and I am a sicker for toveros. He has some neat face markings. Here he is hanging out in the pasture (excuse wire in background-that was not in his pen).

Phantom8.jpg

And this mare, although i'm not a fan of red, I love this mare's color. This is her in her winter fuzzies still, but when she sheds she has the most beautiful deep red color I have ever seen.

DSC01413.jpg

This boy is by far my favorite though
default_smile.png

051411175903.jpg

I love black! Especially if it has blue eyes and Splash added!

website1002028.jpg

website1002012.jpg

website1004018.jpg

website1018024.jpg

And buckskins! Especially in pinto patterns!

janna.jpg

And bay pinto with blue eyes!

website1003016.jpg

I love all colors!!

Well my favorite color is a really rich black with sharp sharp white markings
default_wub.png
but sadly I don't own anything close to that so my favorite out of MY guys is

Sox my red-dun
default_smile.png
He's done well in Solid color and I hope next year he will do well too
default_yes.gif
He has a really pretty mane and tail filled with all sorts of colors like silver!

21j6h4j.jpg

Love his dorsal stripe

wta7fo.jpg

OK, for the black and white fans - I admit I also really like a minimal white black and white pinto like this one: Some judges seem to really appreciate the white socks and tail, the mixed mane and the minimal markings too. Aloha Acres Fashion By Magic, aka "Princess".

OTMFashionByMagic.jpg

My faviorite color has to be a bronze smutty buckskin. OMG would love to own one, very rare from what I've seen in minis. I think I saw in person 1 that I could have got but dang it I sit on my hands and didn't bid, still kicking myself with that one. My other would have to be a deep dark red chestnut with chrome. Other colors I like are distinct dapples, silvers, and greys.

I like pintos, I own 2, but really like the striking solid colors. This one is my faviorte with one that I have. My boy Red who is a liver chestnut. As a baby he was bright Red but then he turned darker. But I love his color and yes I even love his faded mane and tail, I probably wouldn't like it dark, its like blonde highlights lol.

n1473817765_30201741_8042798.jpg

My faviorite color has to be a bronze smutty buckskin. OMG would love to own one, very rare from what I've seen in minis. I think I saw in person 1 that I could have got but dang it I sit on my hands and didn't bid, still kicking myself with that one...
Jamie -- what is a bronze smutty buckskin? I've got all kinds of buckskin color variation and am trying to picture what that particular flavor looks like... wondering if one of my fillies is maybe? You got me curious!!! Are any of these girls?

Piper:

Piper-06262011-5--MARES.jpg

Infinity:

Jamie -- what is a bronze smutty buckskin? I've got all kinds of buckskin color variation and am trying to picture what that particular flavor looks like... wondering if one of my fillies is maybe? You got me curious!!! Are any of these girls?

Piper:

Piper-06262011-5--MARES.jpg

Infinity:

Jill yours is pretty close, Infinity is closer to what I like. What I'm talking about is just a smutty buckskin but they have this really bronze looking color its just so beautiful. I would love to have something like this as a mini.

Roscoefence1.jpg

Here's my chestnut with chrome!

gunnatrashya_profile3.jpg

Find me 2 minis that look like this I'll be in heaven lol and I don't mean just the color.
default_biggrin.png

I Seriously Love this Thread!
default_wub.png

Gorgeous Horses Everyone
default_smile.png

I have Several Favorites and can't Choose just One!

I really Love this Mare and think her Being Red Suits Her, and I also Love the Blonde Mane!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

MoreBabies5.jpg

and you Can't Beat a GOLDEN Palomino Mare, Like my new Mare Treasure
default_wub.png

Treasure_sold.jpg

I really Love the Truely Gray Horses
default_smile.png

MaresPageMerrylegs.jpg

These two Girls are my Dun Factored Mares Both Sired by Dusty Lane Vegas Bet a Buck, They are My Favorites
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Buckskin Dun

MaresPageStarlet.jpg

Silver Grulla

MaresPageIntrigue2.jpg

and this Post Wouldn't be right without my Gorgeous Silver Dapple "Piper"

Okay I think I went a Little Crazy, Sorry Guys lol
default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif