You wouldn't believe...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samm S

Reaction score
If i asked you to guess the craziest thing that could happen to my little town, it wouldnt come close to this.

two nights ago around 11pm, the weirdest storm hit. thunder lightning, THEN huge hail, size of large marbles! i swear, it was a good 15 20 mins of solid hail before it quiet down. it was BRUTAL. i woke up the next morning, to see we had 3 seasons at the same time on our front lawn.. winter, cause the lawn was full of snow and ice, fall because tonnes of leaves were on the ground and summer cause the lves were green and i was in shorts. crazy eh? well the barn had absoutely NO hail..so hroses were fine. well thats not it. that day, it starts POURING. another huge storm. we had a flash flood. we had to make a barrier at the one end of the barn to stop water from coming in, and bail all the water out. the whole barn was flooded. well the large horse barn. mini stall were fine. anyways bucket after bucket we bailed the water out of the barn. then we looked out of the barn into the outdoor arena and there was a lake!

lunging.jpg

miboys.jpg

well i made it useful and lunged my boys in the water. my colt LOVED the water, we would shove his face in it, roll in it play with it. i couldnt stop laughing. so i finally clued in on what funny pictures they would be if i actually took some. they are off my cell phone so they arent very good, but what a crazy few days!

thought i would share.

Sam

oh my, i guess riding lessons will be inside for a while.

We had crazy hail in grimsby tuesday night, our garden has been destoryed and all the cars in building lot are dented from the hail.

Great pix...

We just got 4 inches of rain on Tues and 2 more today!! Usually we are dry this time of year but not this year... Our grass is so green and not getting dragged down buy the horses this time...

Wow, talk about a great training opportunity! There's nothing like a flash flood for making lemonade out of lemons when you own horses.

Leia

Latest posts

Back