You won't believe what I found this morning

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairicane

Reaction score
:eek: I had people coming over to get a puppy so I was trying to hurry, feeding horses, dogs etc before they arrived. On about my 20th trip of the morning through the kitchen i suddenly realized something was not right. I look at the dining room table and see this.

chickenontablelargerview1296.jpg

Yes thats a live chicken on our dining room table! All morning she had been sitting in the same place but by the time I went and grabbed the camera she stood up. There were no doors open so she must have spent the night in the house. We keep the doors or at least the screen doors closed. Now we do let an occasional goat or horse, lol, in the house but we dont let them just move in whenever they want. Oh u may also notice a dog crate and my dog grooming bag sitting on the table too. I went to dog shows over the weekend and thats as far as my equipment got. You can tell we dont actually eat at that table much
default_rolleyes.gif
:

chickkenwalktableGOOD1206.jpg

Tooo funny!!!

H and I also rarely eat in our dining room... I mean maybe 2x in 8 years!!! However, as a place to sort laundry, it is used a lot!!! Our laundry room is right off our dining room.

OMG I would have died I have this phobia of chickens and turkeys and well fowl in general

Pretty funny though that she tried to blend right in

default_unsure.png
: Poor little Henny-Penny! The curious thing is, how did she get there.....and why?!
default_wacko.png
:

Sounds like my house, by the way, LOL. At least it doesnt look too big a mess from her.........

Alicia

Thanks for the chuckle..bet she was hungry! and she must be a quiet hen with no clucking. Mine always putt putt around!

What a pretty little chickie! Amazing that she didn't make more of a mess for you and I had to look twice! She looked like a decoration at first.

Oh my gosh, I had to look twice, thinking, wow that is a really good chicken statue someone did.

Wow, she must be quiet, I didn't think chickens were that quiet, that is too funny. She apparently has decided that she is a diva and deserves to live indoors. :bgrin

Nice centerpiece! :lol:

I think she looked cute on the table!

She looks like she is a statue!

To cute!

Bonnie

Too cute, and pretty little thing. Did she at least leave an egg behind so you could have breakfast? LOL

How funny!!! :new_shocked: :bgrin I bet she was thinking, "if I just stay REAL quiet, they'll never notice..." LOL!!! We are the same way here, I think that I have used the dining room table once in two years... we mostly either eat on the run or on sitting on the couch watching TV.. (I know, BAD, BAD...
default_rolleyes.gif
: ).. :lol:

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

We used to have a cat bed set on our table for our eldest cat to sleep in. She has since moved tothe floor by the heat register. We never eat in the dining room cept for company it's TV trays for us in the living room.

That chicken is too funny! :lol:

[SIZE=10pt]Awwww she is so cute! We have one that looks like her named JJ Bird! I Love coming home and hearing them ( all three of them now) stampeding down the path toward my car! They look like dinosaurs! [/SIZE]

One time when Liz (Nootka) came to visit, she was going out to her truck to get something out of the back. It was almost dark and out of the dark comes,,, REET REET REET!!!! Killer-elderly-banty-chicken! Not really, but that is what you think when you get to your tail gate and a flashing white thing comes at you! How her old bones jumped into that big truck, I'll never know. Glad Liz didn't drive away with her! We think she smelled grain in the back and not having very good manners, was going to help herself before the other two hens figured it out.

chalk that one up with gus the flying dachsund!! a chicken who thinks she is a centerpiece :aktion033: :aktion033:

from what i remember about having chickens, i am really surprised there weren't several other little "surprises" lying around though!!

Ahhhkkkk!!! And here I was thinking that green glass sure does'nt go with your color scheme!! :lol: Gotta love them little girls tho...sounds like your little hen is the "shhh ...if I don't see her she don't see me" type!

Only thing I can think of is we have 1 screen door on the big screen room that is hard to close and maybe she got in the screen room and then came in the livingroom and on to the kitchen the afternoon before I found her. She was a very good chicken, left no yucky "presents" and did not say a word. We bought her and a few others recently and let them loose and from the 1st night they roost on the window ledges of the house. So at night when I sit at the computer they sit right outside the window staring at me, lol. Its a strange feeling to have little beady chickens eyes staring at me. Then every so often they will peck the window like "let me in". So she probably fulfilled a chicken dream by getting IN the house, lol.

Is that a Thunderbolt horse on the table too? Beautiful chicken by the way :D :lol:

Im not sure what kind of horse he is. My husband rescued him and knowing Im a big kid brought him home to me. He has a short "fur" coat and is pretty large. Thats all I know about him.

Latest posts

Back