You may think I'm crazy but...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel

Reaction score
We are expecting just one foal this year due the beginning of June. Well, today I finally got around to doing the nail test on her. I do this every year and it has been right for me 2 out of 3 times. Today just as the nail began to move, I got a sharp sort of shock to my elbow - not a little shock either! Then a few seconds later, I felt another shock in my shoulder. I almost dropped the nail but I didn't. I know this sounds crazy but it is the truth. Has anyone else ever had this happen? BTW we are expecting a colt. I was expecting a colt last year too but ended up with a filly so maybe I'll have the same luck this year!
default_aktion033.gif

Woah! Thats freaky and bizzare! Nothing has really happened to me except: this one time I was watching a gost story. They were saying how the cover blew off this ladies bed. just then i felt my sheets slide a little!!!! I FREAKED!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

Wow that must have been weird!

Some people think it is a witch craft voodoo type thing. But like you felt, I think it is just tracing the electrical current that runs in most animals and people. Must be that boys and girls are different. AND you must be extra sensitive to currents! Maybe? I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is pretty interesting!

I did the ring test a few years ago and I was 4 for 4 (including that one was open). Haven't actually done it on mine this year, but may this weekend (wouldn't want to rush into anything LOL).

One thing kind of along these lines, back in 2002, our well went dry. The county had the say basically over where on our property the new well could be drilled and there was a terrible drought in the state. Contractors had HUGE waiting lists for drilling wells and we went from September - January w/ running water
default_no.gif

I went out with two unbent / rebent metal coat hangers and went around the property to see if they'd cross (to show there was water under the ground -- water witching or whatever). It was after dark and H was out there with me. The coat hangers crossed in several places on the property and it was STRONG. When it first happened, it scared me!!!! I just wasn't expecting such a very real PULL and it was creepy (but also great because then I knew we had water -- there was no way to wonder if there was some kind of attraction going on as it was extreme).

Jill

We haven't had much luck with the ring or nail test just seems to do the same thing for the geldings as the preg mares....nothing unless you want it to move... BUT a friend showed us how to use the coat hanger test and it does really have a strong pull if you point it at the right spot on her back if a mare is preg and we tested it out on everyone we knew should be and all were except for one it didn't work on...but she had already had 2 scans before sayin no and only her blood results came back positive..so now we wait.
default_biggrin.png

Well I'm thankful no one has accused me of being completely insane! I have never had such a strong reading and it really scared the crap outta me!
default_wacko.png
Thanks for sharing similar stories.

Latest posts

Back