you may remember Bo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandminis

Reaction score
Hi all - have not been on the board for quite a while, busy with the farm and my mini boys. Just thought I would give an update on my gelding Bo who suffered a dislocated hip last winter. He is doing amazingly well, is staying balanced and in shape with careful exersize and watching his diet. I have been observing a gradual increase in his ability to use the injured leg and today he stood on it for over a minute with his good leg cocked! The muscles on the injured side are also increasing so he does not look so lopsided any more. He will always require monitoring but he is doing so well. He makes my heart glad all the time, such a little trooper with a very loving attitude. Would not part with him for anything.

yes I remember Bo! so glad to hear he is doing well. It is a good feeling when you finally see them put weight on the leg isn't it?

I have a mare here who dislocateed her hip more then 6 yrs ago. She gets around great, has formed a false socket like a dog will, can run around fine with just a hitch in her gait as the one leg is shorter.....farrier leaves that hoof longer to help her out...

Just to give a little encouragement and let you know your boy can have a long and nearly normal life ahead of him!

default_laugh.png
That is excellent news. I'm glad he's getting better.

Are you still enjoying Pistol? Is he being a good boy for you?

Hey! Is that you Lori - I've been meaning to e-mail you an update - yes Pistol is doing great and he is a very good boy, gets along with the 2 amigos very well now. Have had him out driving even with our crazy schedule. Will get out in this great weather more now with the season winding down. I'll send some pictures.

Hey! Is that you Lori Yes
default_smile.png
- I've been meaning to e-mail you an update - yes Pistol is doing great and he is a very good boy, gets along with the 2 amigos very well now. Have had him out driving even with our crazy schedule. Will get out in this great weather more now with the season winding down. I'll send some pictures. I look froward to seeing them, I'm so glad you are enjoying him.

What a wonderful update. His knowing that he is loved by you has a lot to do with it!!!!

Latest posts

Back