You Know You're A Horse Person When...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about when you are body clipping a horse, sweating half to death and end up with a hairy cleavage? Fess up. I know I can't be the only one.

How about when you are body clipping a horse, sweating half to death and end up with a hairy cleavage? Fess up. I know I can't be the only one.

Ha! Lucky if you only end up with hairy cleavage! I think I transfer all the hair onto ME
default_wacko.png
:wacko

I only clip when I know I can get to the shower as soon as I'm finished.

Hee Hee you have really made my day , Im nodding and laughing at every single post
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

haha all these are making me giggle as I have had all of this happen to me at one time or another
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is more farm related, but I was in a meeting one day and felt this creepy crawly on my face and grabbed it. Yep, a tick!!
default_new_shocked.gif
Had to quietly hold the darn thing until the end of the meeting and then gave it a burial at sea (flush). Those little legs waving on my fingers just about did me in but I was in a back corner and couldn't get out without disturbing a lot of upper managers, all major city folk who would never understand!

Last edited by a moderator:
My brother refused to drive my car years ago- it smelled like horses! Of course, *I* couldn't smell a thing!

I bet the car I have now also smells like horse....

When I was a kid mum would ask my brother to go and pick me up from the stables and he would refuse cos I "stank" of horses lol

He said it would frighten off the girls. ROFL

SampleMM I agree, I don't think I own a pair of clean shoes. Lol

Exactly one hour ago as I was getting out of the van to go into work, hubby says "God Woman, you are just all covered in hay, AGAIN" my response as I shrugged my shoulders was "Oh Well, could be worse, could be poop". More than once I have found dried up little pieces of mini road apples under my desk and I am sure that I smell like a horse/goat/cow/chicken/dog/barn but all I can say is it is the best smell in the whole world and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

IMG_1028.jpg

My dry cleaner finally broke down and asked, "what do you do with your sport coats?" I'm assuming he thought I dressed up for work! The best place to find me in a suit in tie - the barn or showring or church (but probably the barn first LOL)

Okay, I have to confess: I wore my barn coat to work today. (And I do not work in a barn, unfortunately!) But it was freshly washed, and I was in a hurry...but when I got here, I found a bag of horse treats in one pocket. Yes, it could have been worse, like a used-up tube of wormer or hoof clippings...

I do often sport bits of hay in my hair at work, or, most often, down my shirt. Never in panty hose, though - that's a clear winner in my book!

Usually arriving to work with hay or poop or whatever on me isnt a big deal...im an animal cruelty investigator and would probably have it on me by the end of the day anyway! HOWEVER.... last week i had to testify in court for a big case so i wore a pair of dress pants and a nice sweater set. I was sitting in court waiting on my turn and all of a sudden something starts pulling on the back of my sweater. I turn around and the city manager is picking hay off the back of my sweater...oops!

I can so relate to all of this! More and more when I go clothing shopping I find myself asking, "Can I climb a fence in this?" You just never know when you're going to need to make an emergency run to the barn. Last year I was out checking on an expectant mare in a bridesmaid's dress.

default_new_rofl.gif
I'm right with everyone on here. It has happened to me at least once in most cases..
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif
I think the bridesmaid dress takes the cake tho. Haven't had to do that yet.

You also know you are a horse person when you find yourself in the barn in the middle of the night delivering a foal in your pajamas and slippers for all the horse world to see.

You also know you are a horse person when you need to clean the bedding shavings, hay, treats out of the washing machine.

When passengers get in my truck and comment on how clean it is......noth haivng to move 'horse stuff" to sit down......shoes with smelly stuff and I ignore it, hay in the hair, and yes the stuff that makes it thru the wash and gets dried in the dryer......

Yep, all of the above. I am doing better right now at wearing work shoes to the barn, switching to horse detail shoes, and then switching back to work shoes just before I fly off to work. Last year my Explorer would smell so much like horse poop once the heater was turned on. I was too embarrassed to let the car wash folks clean the mats so I did it myself. I get up at 3:45 have coffee, iron work clothes, let indoor dogs out to do biz, throw a lunch together, shower, use flat iron to make a hair-do, get dressed, throw on "something" over my clothes to catch the hay, change to barn shoes, feed horses, fill water buckets, walk down to stallion pen in the dark with feed and water, go in the other barn in the dark and get hay for stallion, RUN back up to the house, crank my vehicle, let everybody out of the stalls they were penned up in to eat, take off the "hay overshirt", change to work shoes,close up barn, go back in the house, let indoor dogs back in, fly out of the drive-way, wolf down a snack while driving, and get to work by 6:00. Now this summer with the heat wave and drought it made no sense to shower first. So I got up, poured a cup of coffee, headed to the barn in a comatose state, fed horses being sure to include all above ritual, came back in, drank more coffee, showered and got ready for work, tossed the indoor dogs outside, made a lunch, got dressed, put some mousse in hair, let little dogs back in, flew out of the driveway, rolled down the windows, and styled the "hair shorter than I could ever imagine wearing" with fingertips on the way to work. Oh, yeah, no matter the season the make-up gets put on in the dark on the way to work. About four DPS guys know me by my vehicle and always begin with "Is there any particular reason you were in a hurry this morning, Ms. Elder?" They all know I have horses. I have about a 50% success rate of being given leniency. No matter how tired I am the horses all get a cheerful greeting, babytalk, nicknames, and lots of affection. I see my "hay" sometimes on the office floor and discreetly dispose of it. Today my hoodie had hay in the "pouch." Not sure how it got there but I sprinkled it down the aisle of a warehouse as if I was the flower girl at a wedding.
default_rolleyes.gif

You also know you are a horse person when you find yourself in the barn in the middle of the night delivering a foal in your pajamas and slippers for all the horse world to see.

You also know you are a horse person when you need to clean the bedding shavings, hay, treats out of the washing machine.
You forgot to mention.........no one even notices the pajamas because that's pretty routine for all of us
default_smile.png

I'm a proud member of the "Hay in all my pockets" club. I had wedding photos taken in my dress with my poop boots peeking out from under the skirt. Proud to be in a club with such esteemed members as yourselves!

Latest posts

Back