You Can't Make This Stuff Up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kootenay

Reaction score
My luck must have run out, because you just can't make this stuff up.

Yesterday a thunderstorm ran through without warning. That's not too exciting, except for the fact that lightning struck the house and took out the phone line and the computer immediately died. I was able to get the computer rebooted by turning it's power--and main power switch on and off. later I learned that it also took out my electric fencer. The whole time all this went down, we didn't lose any power. The phone line was fixed today though--(thank goodness).

If that wasn't bad enough, now we have septic or clog problems as the tub/toilet/drains have been gurgling, and finally the coupe de gras was when the toilet backed up. Hubby tried to auger out the toilet--didn't work. Now he has to go up on the roof and snake the vent pipe, as our service pipe for the drain is in the basement below the level of the tank/everything
default_unsure.png
. I sure don't want our basement filling with you know what, so I have to go keep an eye out on hubby while he climbs up our steeply pitched tin roof to go snake said vent pipe out.

I hate septic systems and lightning storms. like they say though---"When it rains it pours".

default_wacko.png

THAT sucks. Hope you get it all fixed soon.

that does bite, sorry to hear that. An idea.......did the lightning take out your septic pump? It took out our well pump one time..... just a though. I hope for your sake, it is not the case.

There's no septic pump--this one works off of gravity. The snake in the vent pipe seems to be working. We heard a gurgle/glub sound, but hubby is going to go back up and roll the snake right out in the pipe.

Hope this works--or we can't get a plummer in until Tuesday. The septic should be pumped out on Sunday though, so i hope that will solve the brunt of the problems. Time to break out the solar shower and porta potty
default_wacko.png

ouch sounds like a rough time
default_no.gif
Hubby doesn't like it when I say this but when I am having one thing after another happen to me I say "there's not much else that can go wrong"
default_biggrin.png
Usually it is the truth and I hope this is the worst of your troubles for a long time. Good luck keeping that sewage out of your basement. That would be awful :DOH!

Think we may have got it. Going to do a test run, and re-snake it out again to make sure
default_biggrin.png

Edit--tried it--(flushed)--and she works!!!
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like all is well now. Re-snaked the line, and the toilet/tub/drains all seem to be working. There is a big divot where the septic tank is though that someone drove over when the field behind the house was hayed
default_nono.gif
. Hope that isn't cracked or the line going to it. What a nightmare that will be.

Stay tuned---you just never know .

(P.S.)--I'm trying to be lighthearted and optimistic, as I don't think I can take anymore stress at this point.
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back