Yippee! Hurrah!!!! Prayers are answered

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
Went out to feed and all of a sudden, this strange stuff started falling from the sky. The sound scared Okie so bad that he went tearing out of the barn. It has been so long since we had any rain that the sound was unfamilliar to him.

I hope it continues for at least a week.

Mary

default_thumbup.gif

Happy for you Mary! Last year's drought was horrible for us. We only had to/got to mow the yard once last summer.

Grass still green here and I am hearing thunder right now. I will have to/get to trim up with the weedeater this weekend.

I talked to my hay guy yesterday and he is looking to get his third cutting any day now. If God has a sense of humor he likely giggled at my rain for hay prayers this summer..."two rains a week between May and Thanksgiving, preferably not soaking me while I am feeding horses before leaving for work"...anyway so far our area's rainfall has been a blessing compared to last year.

I know! ALL the rain has been going around us. But we got a little today! Thank God!

Our yard is brown, everything is dead. Even the weeds are dead! Many trees are dead too. It's been horrible.

I'm glad you got some rain!!!

Happy for your rain!!

Last yr ours was waaay below normal and we all know how weeds survive and grass doesn't. My pastures were limited use for the herd but, this year -- WOW! I got my 2, 4D out early and the grass is everywhere. Sure helped not having to hay all summer and I've even had to cut way back on grains due to weight -- my grass is not high sugar, so all is good.

Now, last yr we had a very mild winter, even for us where we rarely get extreme. Hope the summer reversal isn't a forrunner to a bad winter. I HATE cold weather and snow.

Latest posts

Back