YIKES! We have NO Gas here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
There are two gas stations up here on the mountain and they have no gas and said there is no telling when there will be any. I couldn't even get a little gas for the mower.

There is no gas in either one of the two towns I am in the middle of. Nothing, not a drop anywhere.

I had a meeting with the local sheriff and all the deputys were sitting on the porch, cars parked, no gas. The school busses are next. They are talking about having to close school if the gas trucks don't show up soon.

Jerry found some gas in Chattanooga but there is a $10. limit and lines all over the place. Lovely.

When dad was driving down to TN a few weeks back after Nationals he said allot of the "smaller" gas stations along the way had $10 limits on gas too....

We're fine up here so far ...kind of scary im sure..

That's odd - we have plenty of gas here and our prices are the lowest they've been in months!

Liz R.

Time to get those little hay burners earning their keep
default_wink.png

I don't understand it. We got hit by the storm but it seems to be causing the rest of the country problems.

We have gas here, at $3.39 a gallon.

Wonder why you guys are having a shortage ?

Wish I could send you some.

East Tennessee and Middle Tennessee both primarily receive fuel supplies through spurs of the Colonial pipeline, which carries refined gasoline from the Texas Gulf Coast to the Northeast. [Hurricane] Ike damaged and knocked out power to many of those refineries, cutting the amount of gasoline fed into the pipeline.

Here in Georgia it is the same situation. They aren't blaming the storm, here they say it is the people filling up gas cans that are causing the problem. Unreal, how they twist the root of the problem around to the "people did it!"

And we have all these fall festivals going on everywhere. Our local people are still promoting them and when these tourists get here they will be finding out that they might get stranded here if they don't come with enough gas to get home.
default_no.gif

they say it is the people filling up gas cans that are causing the problem.
People must be showing up with flat bed trailers filled with hundreds of gas cans to be causing such a shortage.
default_no.gif

I'm in Chattanooga and there are plenty of gas stations available, but there are also lots of them that are empty or limited. We use diesel which seems to be abundant, no shortage on that yet. We typically fill up at Murphy / Walmart and they have staid full and busy with no shortages or limits at all.

Plenty here to. Lowest its been in a long time at 3.19 a gallon.

I'd heard it was an 'artificial shortage'. Word was that they might run out of gas, people went out and bought a ton... I'm not there, so I don't know.

No shortage here in Florida. In fact gas is cheaper here right now then it's been in months.

I saw on the news last night that Georgia and North Carolina were having shortages. There were long lines of people trying to get gas. Some were in line for over two hours.

They mentioned southeast gas shortages. I would imagine we wouldn't know there was a shortage until it was too late.

I did see one station not too long ago that had bags on all of the pump handles.

Kim

No shortages here yet. I even got diesel yesterday for $3.59. I was in heaven! That was the lowest we have paid in a long time.
default_aktion033.gif

fine here in Minnesota....gas actually came down to 3.39! Pretty pathetic that I am excited about that geez
default_rolleyes.gif

We do have deisel in some places, but the majority of gas stations don't carry it in the first place. Just one place in each town carries deisel. Very dumb with all the farming equipment around here. Never could figure that one out.

Dan is at Walmart, no gas anywhere still, and says they are supposed to get gas by Thursday afternoon sometime or Friday am but there will be a limit on how much each vehicle can get again. The sign says $3.63 a gallon right now. The county is also supposed to get fuel by the am for all their vehicles but still nothing avaiable for the public just yet. No sign of gas coming to the mountain at all. They have no idea when and can't even give us any idea.

Its been a short supply here as well. Yesterday the Walmart had gas at noon, at 5PM they were out, The texaco .5 a mile from walmart was out all day yesterday. here it hasn't been people filling up everything under the sun but seems that pipeline is affecting us all. I hope that it all gets sorted out soon.

Karen

My husband is working near Chattanooga and says gas is spotty. Price running $3.70+. Down here in Sarasota I paid $3.61 this am and when I left work it was $3.59. Go figure. My stepmom who lives in Asheville in the summer/fall says gas was really tight last week and running around $4.20 if you could find it. Haven't talked to her this week - I know she was trying to get her car filled up to return to Florida for the winter this Friday.

Good luck everyone - hope this ends soon!

Barbie

Latest posts

Back