Yikes we are gettin hit hard form the snow

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here just to make it easily viewed

horseshow.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK Sunnybrook, now you got me freezing just looking at that. Bring them in and sit them by the fireplace with an aphgan and a nice cup of hot chocolate!

Marty--you always have a great idea!!
default_laugh.png

I'm glad your babies get to get tucked into the barn.
default_wub.png

We just missed this storm--whew! I wasn't up to shoveling paths just yet.
default_wink.png

Hey look!! A whole herd of 'snowflake Appaloosas', hahahahaha (Sorry couldnt resist that one)

Looks like the one on the far right has had fun shoveling it with her nose!! They dont seem to mind any but I bet they like their cozy stalls too. Yikes, I just dont know how you folks that live in that stuff can stand it.

AAARRGGGHHH!!!! I live about 15-20 minutes away from Zoey, and I don't care what the weather guys say, I have easily 2 and 1/2 feet of snow, with drift MUCH higher. I spent last night shoveling paths for the minis from the barn to the heated water troughs with several turn around areas and other paths for them to walk. BUT... All of the work I did was useless and is all filled in with snow, so I am going out now to RE-DO them all again.

It stopped being pretty about one and a half feet ago!

I either need to move to a warmer climate or get back into TALLER full size horses again!

I am having surgery on my shoulder next week for torn rotator cuff and torn labrum . All this shoveling isn't helping the pain!

I hired someone ( for after my surgery)to muck three times a week and do all the barn yards too 3 X a week. I think I can manage the stalls with one arm in between. I have been practicing one handed!!! Its a sight I am sure.

PLEASE MOTHER NATURE! No MORE SNOW for a while!

Merry Christmas all!

Love,

Robin

Wow !!! we are not very far from Robin or Zoey

and with a 300+ foot driveway we will be digging out today( with the tractor)

Thank GOD for the snow blower for paths to the barns

we don't usually get that much snow

(we almost put it up for sale in the fall ) but changed our minds

We easily got 2-1/2 foot my guess, walking to the barn before snow blower

the snow easily almost to my BUTT
default_unsure.png
more work walking to the barns which

are very close to our house then it was when we got there to clean and feed

Our horses will all be in their stalls all day untill we can clear the paddocks some

it is easily past their bellys out there.

We have 2 full size horses field boarded and they are fine

but they have a cleared area where they have been walking around since the snow started

and heated water trough, and plenty of hay

Good luck to all those dealing with this weather

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Lordy, Im sooo glad I only have to experience the snow through all your great pictures. I will not tell you that Im freezing too this AM....its about 65o. here.

Stay Warm and Bundle Up you guys and I will pray for warmer weather for you all!

We let them out just to get moving and give us time to clean the stalls. They did not want to come in!! They were driving me crazy!! But they got tucked away. I just let them out for a few hrs today. They made a path and walked over to where the grass was hiding!! Like in leant oos and underneth implements.

Beautiful picture...thanks for sharing. They seem to be enjoying the snow. I enjoy the snow alos but that is a bit much!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back