Yes, I have another clipping question :-)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree 100% with Marsha, it is the blades that make the real difference in my opinion. I think that a dull, hot, dirty set of blades on even the best and most expensive clipper are worse than a brand new, oiled and properly adjusted set of blades on a cheap pair of clippers, especially for light duty jobs. Obviously, a groomer or exhibitor needing to clip many horses often will do better with an industrial quality machine, but for those of us not show clipping or clipping for hire, an older, middle of the road model or second-hand clipper with sharp blades does the job just fine. A clean dry horse makes the job even easier and more pleasant. As for brands....everyone has their favorites for their own personal reasons. I do like the Andis, I have clients who own them and I do like working with them. I used to work at a barn with a set of Double K, and they were good, but in my opinion not any better for the money than the high dollar Andis. I have always used my Osters and Stewarts (antique lol) because thats what I have. A lot of people dislike them because they're loud and heat up fast. I find that if I spend the little bit of money to have my Osters (210, 51 A and A5) serviced when the blades go out for sharpening. ..they run quiet and don't over heat badly.

Latest posts

Back