Yearling Opinions Needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROWIRA

Reaction score
Hey all! New to this forum and the miniature horse world. I recently bought this little girl because I wanted to start showing in some of the local shows. I love pintos and this little girl had the prettiest blue eyes, but the more I look at her the more I start to doubt that she's show quality. My eye goes straight to that high ugly butt! What do you guys think of her? I'm not looking for a national champion but I'd like to not be last place LOL. She was born 5/8/11 and these pics were taken last week. No grooming done, just pulled straight from the pasture and tied to the fence (and not happy about it!).

118noee.jpg

zxwsx5.jpg

vfdto3.jpg

Sadly I think her color is whats going to hurt her. I think it really plays with her head and neck. I wouldn't worry too much about her being butt high it just means shes growing. Do I think she can do well in halter, no but when she grows up think about performance.

Lots of yearlings go through the "yearling uglies" so I wouldn't worry about the butt high thing just yet. But I'd look at her foal photos... If she was butt high then, it might just be her and exaggerated at this age.

I would have to agree with you... She's very flashy colored but maybe not quite put together as a halter horse.

But if you're showing in breed shows, you've got lots of options like color, obstacle, liberty...

I think the photos are very distorting, taken from above instead of level with the horse.....so often the case when photographing minis!! Her markings don't help her head, the rest I simply can not comment on with the photo effect...would be better to have some straight from the side from the level of the horse.

Latest posts

Back