y'all remember Leia?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimor

Reaction score
Leia Gibson doesn't come here often any more but I'm sure you all remember her...bad news for her so please say a prayer...she fled her house this afternoon--her last view of the place showed the fence and yard on fire. She said the house is likely gone. Her post did not mention her animals so please pray they are safe!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Things can be replaced, but praying she and her family, two-legged and four-legged, are safe.

I just heard from her........She says that so far her horses are safe......They are boarded at a different location than her house.

She said her neighbors evacuated after she did and they saw the fire had reached her house.

Bless her heart......she was just beginning a wonderful new life there.

Can't say i know her, but how awful! I hope she and her family are okay. I can't imagine at all what shes going through
default_sad.png

Prayers sent from here too, for her and others who are having to evacuate very quickly tonight. One FB friend is cut off from her barn where her horses are. I can't imagine what they are going through. I posted a notice on FB where those at Nationals are apt to see it so they can add their prayers.

I know of another young fellow (also a mini owner) who's being affected by the Butte Fire.....He's safe and so are his horses, last I heard, but

he can't get through the fire area to get home and check on everything.

Friends (she has lots!) are trying to help her set up a way for even more people to help her and Drew. Stay tuned.

We are Facebook friends with her. She says horses are fine but are prepared to move them if need be. Only problem is her resently adopted mustang hasn't conquered the trailer loading. She has many friends ready to come help if she has to move her horses.

I think of her often and I am glad to hear her horses are not at risk. Fire is such a frightening thing. I wish her all the best, hope her losses are all more minor than she expects.

Leia and her fiance, Drew, are still at the ranch where she boards her horses. They are now looking for a place to rent for "a few months"....They are open to a small over the garage apartment, mother-in-law apt., even someone's unused travel trailer. If anyone in the Northern CA area can think of anything please pop up with it. They are both working, have references, no house pets.

She says she is so very thankful for the various businesses and organizations in the area that have been donating basic needs clothing to evacuees.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back