Wylie is a true Palomino!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimule

Reaction score
The registry thought she was a light sorrel so I had her tested for cream. She came back as heterozygous for cream!!! So, I guess her dam was really a palomino tobiano that grayed out rather than a sorrel tobiano. Oh well, either way.....I'm happy!

I pulled tail hair (she wasn't too happy about me trying to pull mane hair!) and sent it in to Animal Genetics in FL. They can test for several different colors.

That is wonderful! OK... how about some more pictures?!
default_yes.gif
:

I'll see if I can get some new ones tomorrow. For now.......

wylie25.jpg

wylie27.jpg

Baby pic, about 3 days old

wylie11.jpg

She was extremely beautiful even as a baby, what color was her dad? I think she is awesome! May I ask you what your feeding program is for your mules and donkeys? What besides hay do you feed?

Wylie certainly is a beauty and she really does look palomino to me, also. I love that rich golden color - she was a darling baby!! I'm also wondering what color was her Dad?

Daddy is a brown with red in his background. We did some research last night and found that her Grandsire on her dam's side is a Palomino. Took some looking as her dam was a grayed out sorrel tobiano.

This is Daddy, Short Assets Kilroy

kilroybuckle2.JPG

and this is the best photo I have left of her dam.

wylie14.jpg

As for my feeding program.....

Everyone gets Nutrena SafeChoice in amounts to fit their own needs. I weigh my hay and feed a 75/25 grass/alfalfa mixture for the mules.

Latest posts

Back