WWYD?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourhorses

Reaction score
You go to look at a report at the Prosecutor's office. Prosecutor and county have given you a hard time getting the information and have taken quite a bit of your $$. According to the Prosecutor, the law requires the agency to remove ALL personal info.......SS #, driver's license #, license plate #, etc. The Prosecutor does not remove all the info and now you've got some very private information regarding an individual you've never met but are chompin' at the bit to let the man know how the prosecutor gave away his #'s, etc.

Would you contact that individual and let them know what happened? Would this not be an invasion of privacy due to the negligence of the Prosecutor, the top guy in the County who is to uphold the law??

Last edited by a moderator:
You can refuse to give you SSN to anybody but your bank and employer. On the bottom of your card it says not for identification.

justaboutgeese said:
You can refuse to give you SSN to anybody but your bank and employer.  On the bottom of your card it says not for identification.
436225[/snapback]

With all due respect I don't think you understand what I was given. I have this man's SS#, driver's license #, license plate #, what kind of vehicle he drives, past arrests, etc. This is serious stuff and this information is never to be in the hands of a citizen.

It's up to you how personally involved you want to get.

If the person has an arrest record, I might keep my distance.
unsure.gif

Otherwise, I'd probably let them know.

MA

Miniv said:
It's up to you how personally involved you want to get. 
If the person has an arrest record, I might keep my distance. 
unsure.gif

Otherwise, I'd probably let them know.

MA

476657[/snapback]

I'll be able to find out exactly what his arrest record is next week. Per an attorney this is the only way to expose the corruption which in turn will expose the neglect and cruelty that is swept under the rug.
yes.gif

If you have their address I would just anonymously send them a copy of it. That could be yours, mine or anyone elses info being handed to anyone.

God bless

Fran

This is an interesting thread...

Two weeks ago my brother in law was given something like that. It was information about a child molester. It wasn't just his name, and adress but it was everything...it even had the transcripts of the allegations against him. Supposedly this was all handed out by his mother who wanted to prevent our community from being hurt. I understand telling he is a sexual preditor, but my children do not need to have that kind of information available to them. It was very sick and graffic and I was a little upset that all of that information was handed out. I do however appreciate her updating the citizens of our little town as it is the law that they register if they are sexual offenders and he lives on the same block with my mother in law....

OhHorsePee said:
If you have their address I would just anonymously send them a copy of it. That could be yours, mine or anyone elses info being handed to anyone.God bless

Fran

476862[/snapback]

Oh, can't do anonymous.....that would take away the impact. I did a people search and believe I have found the man. I'm a little scared of him but the end of justifies the means.
unsure.gif

Then take someone with you for safety sake! And be careful!

Fran

OhHorsePee said:
Then take someone with you for safety sake! And be careful!Fran

476916[/snapback]

Thanks so much for your concern.....I didn't think I'd find that here.
wink.gif

There should be no physical contact....he had an attorney represent him and that is who I should have contact with. He is supposed to call me in the next few days. He does have a criminal record and I will be able to find out just what that is and go from there. This is the only way to get past the "good 'ole boy" network. If this is exposed then the corruption will be exposed and that opens the door of opportunity to get the true story out. Long ago this ended in regards to just Ringo. So very many have suffered. After viewing file after file the horrors that go on up there have been exposed. If I can expose it here then it will help set precedent for others and there are so many that care about the welfare of animals.

I didn't know I'd be heading into "Deliverance" country but in the end it will send a message. Michigan laws are so clearly written and are model laws for every single state.

I've worked for two Sheriff Offices as a secretary. I was responsible for entering the Deputies' reports into the computer data-base, new inmate information folders, fingerprints, fingerprinting citizens for Pistol Licenses, registering sex offenders for the county and disseminating information to the public.

Regarding disseminating information to the public;

No personal (birthdate, ssn, license, phone number) info should be released. Past convictions can be revealed, however if the current charges have not gone to court with a decision made, that info cannot be released. FULL report cannot be released until it has reached a conclusion through the courts or with the investigators finalizing their efforts, otherwise the report that is released is basically an "info report".

IE: Officer responded to a domestic disturbance call at such-and-such address and found the complainant to be injured. Ambulance and Victim Assistance was called and search was conducted for the suspect. Suspect not found at this time.

The full report will carry the details of the interview from the deputy with the complainant, what actions were taken and how the search was conducted for the suspect. This information will not be released until it has been resolved in one manner or another.

When I would give a report to a citizen, any juvenile's name/age and any other person's birthdate, ssn, license#, phone #s would be blacked out with a permanant marker and then a photocopy of that document would be given to the citizen. A photocopy prevents a person from being able to read printed matter through the marker lines. The marked document is then shredded. Lots of wasted paper, but that is how I was taught...

Maybe you need to contact your local law enforcement office and advise them of the info you received from the prosecuter. Maybe they need to have a talk with the prosecuter...

Heidi

Heidi said:
Maybe you need to contact your local law enforcement office and advise them of the info you received from the prosecuter.  Maybe they need to have a talk with the prosecuter...

Heidi

477241[/snapback]

Thanks so much for the info Heidi but the local law enforcement is in on it to. They have denied me copies of animal cruelty/neglect complaints. A deputy sheriff is the ACO when I say they don't think the law applies to them I'm not kidding.
no.gif
I've been trying to get these reports for 2 years now.

Two years!
new_shocked.gif

That information is PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE and BY LAW they MUST give you those reports! It may not have the complete information, but they must give you the initial incident report (similar to the example I shared).

We at the SO did not like sharing "our" information with the public, but most especially the media who could twist things around, but we understood it is a matter of public record and the public has the LEGAL RIGHT to request and receive these documents.

I don't know what official above law enforcement you would need to go through to get those reports.

Heidi

Latest posts

Back