Wow! What a weekend!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
Deb and I had an amazing show weekend! We brought a Sr Mare (Dream) out of retirement and of course our Sr gelding (Jet) to this show. Our friend Donna and I did a trade about a month before...she got our black 2 yr old ASPC/AMHR mare (Star) and we got a 4 yr old A/R (World Top Five) sorrel gelding (Gotcha)...and before the show I kept wondering WTH I had done! LOL! (Donna kept Gotcha at her place til the show, so although I had seen him in person at her barn, I hadn't really SEEN him.) No one trades a MARE for a GELDING, do they?? LOL Donna brought both Gotcha and Star to the show...and I was excited to show my new boy...and see how Star did as well.

The 1st class I must have been nervous (new horse and of course 1st class), so Gotcha danced a little bit and I wasn't sure how to get him to show for me. We placed 2nd/5th in Model. OK, that was practice. Donna showed me what to do with him. Next came Open...1st/1st!! Much improved! All said and done...we won 2 Sr. Gelding Champions and 2 Res. Grands! I was sooo happy and knew now WHY I had traded for him!
default_wink.png

The rest of the horses did well, too...placing 1sts-6ths. Liberty class was a bit of a surprise...Dream (who I knew moved well, but tends to be a bit lazy sometimes...lol) showed off and used the whole arena...and when I said "Whoa" planted herself and let me catch her quickly! She got a 2nd! Star (who when I first bought her from an auction back in January was one you could barely catch in her stall much less in an open arena) has amazing movement and really showed it off AND let Donna catch her placed 1st and 2nd!! Hmmm....mare for a gelding...Liberty horse...halter horse? LOL!

Deb and I also stayed the whole time because Deb volunteered to be gate person...and so got to meet and get to know a lot of people there...was a blast! The whole show was really well-run...and it was a big 3 day show (about 120 AMHR horses and 50 AMHA horses), so definitely competition!

The other thing that happened to us at this show was...I WON a horse!! They had a raffle for 2 colts. The 1st number picked got 1st choice and the 2nd number of course got the other. I was 2nd and won a A/R black yearling Little Kings Black Velvet grandson! He is a nice boy and will be on the taller side. I don't really need another boy...lol...but we'll see what we do with him...He will be gelded! It was just exciting to WIN a horse! LOL!

Other show news (in Iowa)...our stallion Khan cleaned up yet again...won all 4 Grands!! SOOO happy how well he is doing this year!! I LOVE that horse!!
default_wub.png
:wub

Here is a pic of "Winning Streaks Got Magic" (Gotcha) in the pasture...didn't get any show pics...totally forgot...LOL! Will take some of him and the new colt sometime this week (I know...no pic of the new one either...
default_rolleyes.gif
)

Thanks for letting me share my weekend with you all!! One of my best show weekends ever!!
default_biggrin.png

Edited to add a camera phone pic of "Batman", the raffle colt that I took quickly this morning. His registered name is "Designer Hollywoods All Flavors"...his barn name was...ahem..."Flavas", but we just changed it...
default_wink.png

Edited again: Show pics of Gotcha on Picture Gallery.
default_wink.png

251661_2005722415070_1003934272_32271106_1124988_n.jpg

2011-06-20_08-39-05_249.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Linda! Sounds like you all had a fabulous weekend and really enjoyed your time at the show.
default_biggrin.png

Linda and Deb

Donna does have some nice horses for sure. I am so Lucky to have my little girl Allie.

Congrats on your wins and the new horse.. It was nice to meet you and Deb.. We look foward to the August show at the Conders.. If Robby is working that show we cant show there and if he is not we just might bring Allie and Hunter's new Gelding down that he is getting over the fourth of July to the show so He will be ready for Nationals too.

Again Congrats on the wins..

Diane

Im a Dream fan here and really really like her, so I was wondering if ya had a pic to share of her in one of the classes!

ALSO HUGE CONGRATS!!!

Congratulations!! I don't see a problem at all trading a mare for a gelding! Personally...I love the geldings!
default_smile.png

No one trades a MARE for a GELDING, do they?? LOL
I thought I was the only one who would even consider doing this
default_laugh.png
I am in the process of just such a trade myself so makes sense to me.
default_yes.gif

Congratulations on a great weekend! Around here when we have a weekend like that we say you should have bought a lottery ticket,
default_laugh.png
it seems like you are on a winning streak
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks everyone!
default_smile.png

Unfortunately, we did not take any "show" pics of anyone. There was a photographer there, but I probably won't buy any pics.

I have decided that Dream will not be making another show appearance. While she is a very pretty mare and yes, she did place...judges want LEG and NECK. I will try to get her bred next year..."maybe" to Khan and hopefully get some leg and neck on a baby and get Dream's pretty head!
default_wink.png

Our next show isn't til the beg. of August, so we get to relax for a bit.
default_yes.gif

(Added a pic of Batman to the original post)

judges want LEG and NECK. I will try to get her bred next year..."maybe" to Khan and hopefully get some leg and neck on a baby and get Dream's pretty head!
default_wink.png
That's what it's all about -- combining correct horses and great features to enhance each other. Bet that will be an awedome foal
default_wub.png

Wow, thats a pretty colt. Lucky you!
default_aktion033.gif
If he was the second choice the other one must be really amazing, I sure wouldn't be unhappy to look at 'Batman' every day.
default_wub.png

Wow, thats a pretty colt. Lucky you!
default_aktion033.gif
If he was the second choice the other one must be really amazing, I sure wouldn't be unhappy to look at 'Batman' every day.
default_wub.png
Thanks! Actually, the person who was #1 wasn't at the show, so when they called her to tell her she had won and "pick one", she hadn't paid attention to them when she was there and told the person on the phone "The one with a driving background", so she ended up with a nice bay colt. BUT, I think I got the better colt overall IMO. The bay colt has a nicer head, but Batman is leggier and taller and is probably the better driving prospect...lol
default_yes.gif

Talk about winning everything but the kitchen sink! Sounds like you guys had an awesome time, and your new colt looks very nice!

Many congratulations on your fabulously successful weekend. I really like the look of Gotcha and that colt is a pretty little lad too!

Good luck with the August show.
default_yes.gif

Anna

I wish I was able to go watch that show, I wanted to but had to stay close to home. What a great week for you all
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
And winning a horse too!! Doesnt get much better than that. Many Congratulations!
default_firstprize.gif

WOW! Congrats Linda & Deb!
default_aktion033.gif

Nice horses!!! You need to staple a camera to your forehead so you'll remember to take show pics next time!
default_laugh.png

Congrats on winning the colt!

LOL Robin,

We had a camera there. And I did take pics of Gotcha in the show ring but Linda forgot to download them lol. I couldn't get pics of her with Dream because I was on the gate. And her pics of me with Jet didn't turn out so well. oh well, lol. But had a great weekend. The horses looked great and Had an awesome time getting to know some friends better, seeing good friends and making new acquaintenances. Working the gate was definitely a learning experience and one I'm glad I did. Couldn't be more pleased with our new boys. They both look awesome and can't wait to get a chance to play with them too.

Latest posts

Back