WOW What a week

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
Wow, what a week!!

We started out last Saturday in Marshall, MI with my little black puppy, Esrohollow Diamond Jane, going Reserve Winners Female (I'll use the nice version :p)

Sunday was a supported entry with Puppy Sweepstakes. And my brindle puppy, Esrohollow Hey There Delilah went Best of Opposite Sex in Sweeps!!!! Which was very exciting for me!!!!! I know, no points for them, but they are my first litter of puppies, so it means a lot!!

Then Tuesday morning we left for the Canadian Cardigan Corgi Club's National Specialty, which was combined with an All Breed Dog show. Tuesday I had Moxie entered in Rally-Obedience Only, where she got her 3rd leg to finish her Rally Novice title in Canada!!!
default_aktion033.gif

On to the Conformation part of the Specialty on Wednesday....2 different judges, one for Puppy & Veteran Sweepstakes and the other judge for the regular Conformation classes. Puppy Sweepstakes were first. I had 2 friends handling the puppies for me, since they were in the same class. If I handle one, the other one is a brat and doesn't behave, so I wanted to give them both a fair shot! They placed 2nd & 3rd in the class, and when Sweeps were over, that judge came out of the ring and said to my friend handling Delilah 'She's a beautiful pup, but she just wasn't showing as well as she could be' My friend said thanks, but they actually belong to me. So then I got in trouble for not showing them myself
default_biggrin.png
But I explained why to her, and she understood....but she kept telling me what a lovely puppy she was!
default_aktion033.gif
I was pretty happy with that. I've been having some difficulties getting Delilah to gait properly in the ring. She likes to put her nose on the ground, lean away from me, or combine the 2. Back to regular classes, with the other judge. The 2 puppies went in and Delilah won the class!
default_aktion033.gif
She showed AMAZINGLY well!!! I was very happy she took the class and didn't care what happened for Winners Female. Delilah ended up being RESERVE Winners Female!!!
default_new_multi.gif
I just couldn't believe it!! But I had to get myself together, because Moxie had to go into the ring for Best of Breed (since she has already finished her Championship up here). So in we go, do our thing. The judge makes her picks. Moxie's FULL sister (not litter sister) took Best of Breed!!!!! THEN the judge handed out 2 Award of Merits (which basically means they were up there in the running for Best of Breed)....one of the Award of Merits went to the Best Veteran winner, and the other one went to MOXIE!!!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
I was very shocked!!!! When the judge handed me Moxie's ribbon, the handler that was on her sister came over to say they were FULL sisters! The judge thought that was interesting!
default_biggrin.png
Moxie also was second in the Brood B*tch class....behind HER mother. This class consists of a female dog (obviously) and at least 2 of her get. So the Females are judged on what they produce basically.

OH and to top it all off, Delilah won BEST PUPPY in Breed!!!!

Needless to say it was a pretty amazing end to the week!!!!!
default_biggrin.png
:BigGrin

Thanks for letting me brag....I am still floating! :love

~kathryn

Can CH Finnshavn Bubble Gum Moxie Am/Can RN - finishing her Canadian Rally-Obedience Novice title

Moxrallycan-1.jpg

And receiving her first Award of Merit

Moxiecccc08.jpg

Esrohollow Hey There Delilah - Reserve Winners Female & Best Puppy in Breed handled by a good friend(check out that trophy plaque
default_biggrin.png
)

Delilahcccc08.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations and what a BEAUTIFUL girl you've got there!! I used to show GSD's in obedience and breed and had a blast. I LOVE the obedience ring!! Oh, your Corgi is breathtaking!!!!!

Joyce

Thanks!!!

The judge for the Specialty is a breeder judge from the US. She was talking to me afterward and told me she really liked what I had shown to her, that I was heading in the right direction and she did like the little black one as well!!
default_biggrin.png

That meant a lot!!!!

~kathryn

Awwww....there's my favoriyte Corgi girl!!! Kathryn...big Congrats an all your successes! What a big accomplishment!! WOW!!!!

Wow Kathryn!!! Way to go girl!!!! ANd I thought Dragons 3 point major was a good weekend!

Lyn

Fantastic job. Congratulations and keep up the good work. It's great when you have bred them yourself!!!!

Kathryn, does the Judge breed Cardigans?
Yes! She does (has for 35 years) under the Aragorn kennel name

Thanks everyone!! It sure was a fun 3 days....even with the rain! If you look carefully at the picture of Moxie's Rally title, the judge is soaked!
default_smile.png
It POURED just after I finished my Rally run on Tues!! Then on Thurs it rained like crazy.....I had my rain coat out that time though!
default_rolleyes.gif

~kathryn

congrats on your wins!!! wonderful pictures, your face is absolutely lit up!
default_aktion033.gif
Thanks! I was VERY impressed with the show photographer. They are used to doing performance events only and have JUST gotten into the Conformation shows, but they were quite good!!

And my face is STILL lit up!!
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

~kathryn

You have got to be about the proudest Mom on the planet
default_new_multi.gif
! Do you think you will breed Moxie again?
default_drool5.gif

No, Moxie is retired...some people think I'm crazy for doing that, but I was too close to losing her when she whelped this litter that I don't want to risk it with her again.

I will be breeding Delilah. She won't be bred for another year and a half or so, but I'm checking out potential boyfriends already!
default_wink.png

~kathryn

Congratulations, that is just AWESOME that your dogs did so well!!!
default_smile.png

No, Moxie is retired...some people think I'm crazy for doing that, but I was too close to losing her when she whelped this litter that I don't want to risk it with her again.
I will be breeding Delilah. She won't be bred for another year and a half or so, but I'm checking out potential boyfriends already!
default_wink.png

~kathryn

You are awesome, Kathryn! I wish every breeder raised such quality animals and cared for them like you do!!

Latest posts

Back