wow, this one's teen tiny!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all!

Just wanted to share a small email from Judy, the breeder of that tiny colt.(with her permission of course) Her response to me comes after I told her that one or two posters weren't sure if he was just right. (hehehe, you will soon see otherwise, just wait) I'd like to post a pic I took the other day but haven't figured out the new forum yet!!! (Ugh!) Congratulations to Judy and Larry on your little miracle!!

from Judy: He is just perfect! He is doing very well. Sleeps a lot of course. Wish I had time to go on the forum and just visit a bit. But just to much going on. If you have time and feel like it: His dam is Tiz Eagle's Patch of Finesse, she is 32" She is a Lucky Four Look of Eagles daughter. The sire is our beloved Bear Branch Painted Feather. 30"

So far he is doing great. He was carried to term, 340 days. At first I thought something was wrong because of his small size. With in 20 mins he was up nursing. He plays hard and sleeps a lot, just like any other foal. He has been sold to Rachel Wagner and Charlie Cantrell. Their greatest concern is that he have a full and NORMAL life. We thank everyone that has contacted us with congratulations. This is wonderful, it is an act of genetics, and the good Lord. We are having a great time and feel blessed. Judy

----- Original Message -----

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely a beautiful little colt!! Many Congrats to his breeder and his owners...
default_wub.png

His picture was in the Sioux City Journal newspaper this morning..........and people have given us six copies of the article already. LOL! In addition to all the video coverage by CNN, NBC, etc.!

He is just a beautiful, fascinating, little guy. A true miracle and I can't wait to see pictures of him as he grows. He is truely an ambassador for the Miniature Horse community. Congratulations of his new owners, and his breeder.

Yes, I came to work and was immediately bombarded this morning by coworkers wanting to show me the news clips on Einstein. Too funny!

Leia

He was put out there for public comment when he was put on the news. IMO his head is a bit large. Not massively large. I think he may be a minimal dwarf. I had a minimal dwarf that was super cute and super sweet. No, I would not have used him for breeding. But that doesn't effect how much you love them. It may affect how much money you can get out of him. They also mentioned Thumbalina. The last clip I saw of that poor horse I would have walked around her pen slapping people. She kept charging the fence of her little round cage where kids were poking and jabbing at her. Just because they are small does that mean they have to be part of a freak show?

I completely agree.

Many congratulations to Larry & Judy, he is such a sweetie
default_aktion033.gif
this has answered a lot of questions for us too. We have four Painted Feather grandchildren, and as yearlings their average height is 27". All are correct little horses. The genetics in this line are very strong.
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back