Would you write an email?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SampleMM

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

My nephew Michael Carlson just graduated Army boot camp on September 11, 2008. He was going to college to be an engineer but felt a calling to join the military. Anyhow, he's waiting to start his schooling in the military which isn't starting for three weeks. In the meantime, they have him mopping floors and scrubbing toilets which lets face it would not be a very uplifting job. My sister emailed and is trying anything she can to lift up his spirits. So I thought of my LB Forum Friends and am wondering if you could email him?

[email protected]

I'm sure any words of encouragement would go along way!!!
default_wink.png

Thanks alot!!

I for sure will!!!

That time in between at boot camp is the worst for all of them. Many of them get a little depressed because they are just given busy work until the real boot camp starts. I know when Kenny was at book camp last year that was the hardest part. Im hoping maybe we can hook him and kenny up!! Kenny has already been through boot camp so maybe he can help him

Kay

Thanks so much!!!!!!!! You gals are the best.
default_wub.png
I really appreciate it and I know Michael will too!

I wrote Michael an e-mail. I wasn't sure exactly what to say to him, but somehow it turned into a book..lol.

I hope he doesn't get too bored reading it.

Hi Everyone.
default_saludando.gif
My sister Holly called me last night with good news. My nephew Michael received over 30 emails from people all over the country. He was so excited and it sure helped to lift his spirits. Holly and I thank all of you who emailed from the bottom of our hearts.
default_wub.png

Here is some more information about him:

Michael Carlson 20 years old, from Corry Pennsylvania

Youngest of three siblings

Graduated from basic training on September 11, 2008.

He is now waiting for his schooling to start, so doing odd jobs for the next three weeks. The rest of his fellow men from boot camp have already started their schooling so he's feeling very lonely. He is stationed at Fort Gordan, GA.

Thanks again!!!!! My sister said his whole demeanor had changed and that's thanks to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_laugh.png

That's excellent!!!!
default_smile.png
We helped with one day, now let's get going people - there are still more weeks ahead. It can be our personal challenge to include this soldier in our daily emails and bring him a sense of each of our homes. I sent another today - how about you?

Glad I could help.. Could tell by the email I received back from him that the emails did mean a lot to him
default_wub.png
Told him to feel free to email whenever if he needed someone to talk too, I wouldn't mind having a "pen pal!"
default_smile.png

I hope he got my email too. I just finally talked to Kenny YEAHHHHHHH. Im so happy. Kenny said he would look for him but he needs to know what job hes training for so he can find him. Kenny also said to tell him to phase up as fast as possible as it makes life much more bearable there. I guess they get extra privledges when they phase up. Kenny said he would let me know when he finds him

Kay

That's excellent!!!!
default_smile.png
We helped with one day, now let's get going people - there are still more weeks ahead. It can be our personal challenge to include this soldier in our daily emails and bring him a sense of each of our homes. I sent another today - how about you?
Adam, that's really sweet!
default_smile.png

I hope he got my email too. I just finally talked to Kenny YEAHHHHHHH. Im so happy. Kenny said he would look for him but he needs to know what job hes training for so he can find him. Kenny also said to tell him to phase up as fast as possible as it makes life much more bearable there. I guess they get extra privledges when they phase up. Kenny said he would let me know when he finds him
Kay
Kay, I'm going to have to ask my sister as I'm not sure exactly what job he's training for. I'm so excited for you that you were finally able to talk with Kenny. This has got to be very hard on you and how nice of you to think of my nephew when you are going through your own struggles. Boy, that would be really nice if the two could meet up as it sounds like Kenny understands exactly what Michael's going through. Maybe he can explain the "phase up" to him.

And thank you Cristina for your continued support!!!

I forgot to mention in my previous post that Michael can receive the emails for free but has to pay to respond.
default_new_shocked.gif
So if you don't hear anything back, that is probably why.

Thanks again LB Friends, I'm touched by your kindness!! And Lisa I'm sure he enjoyed your email as I always enjoy your posts!!
default_biggrin.png

You're very welcome! Passed his email on to a few friends and hopefully he'll receive even more uplifting and supportive emails!!

Oh how neet! I'd be glad to email him. No telling what I'll come up with but I am sure I'll come up with something !!!!!!!! FUN!

OK done. I sent him a huge page of redneck jokes.......duh!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back