Would you pay somebody to clip your horses?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would you pay somebody to body clip for you?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ashley

Reaction score
Just curious..........like for example down at nationals would you pay somebody to do your body clipping for you?

Just curious as I love to clip and thought it would be neat to go down some year, not to show, just watch and thought that would be a neat thing to do.

I figure if I can't do it it doesn't need to be done...except for feeding the horses of course
biggrin.gif

Sounds like something someone could do for a living maybe

In a heartbeat. You know Ashley, TX is nice and warm all year....we have a pool...Um, what else would work for bribery??

Man, I got so excitied I didn't read your whole post. Double that yes for Nationals--where are you going to be?

Hum Dr. Pam I would have to be able to find another job down there, and board for 5 horses.........................

If I could find that and be able to support myself Id go in a heart beat.

OH a pool dont do me any good, I swim like a rock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wont be at nationals this year as I burnt my last PTO day this past friday. HOwever I do plan to fly down next year hopefully.

You already know MY answer. YES, YES, YES!!!

Only if snacks and good conversation are part of the deal, though.
wink.gif

For the record, Ashley clipped a horse for me Friday night and did an awesome job (I'd say better than I could ever do except that wouldn't say much for Ashley) so I will just say she did a terrific job and his head and ears have never looked better and he was good for her and he is really picky about people that handle him. THANK YOU SO MUCH
yes.gif

Well, my daughter Shannon, is a clipping fool. She'll be assisting one of the top trainers at AMHR Nationals, and would GLADLY clip anyone's horse if they needed it. She just LOVES to clip and does a very good job!
yes.gif

Yep, I would pay someone to clip some of mine at AMHA World. I'd also like to find someone to clean stalls!
smile.gif

For a show.....yes I would........simply because it's takes me an entire day to clip one horse. I'm a perfectionist
wacko.gif

If not for show.......then no I'll do it myself.

My 21 year old daughter has been a professional body clipper for several years now. She has no other job and makes more money per month than I do! She could be busy 7 days per week, but usually tries to take a day off now and then. She clips for shows and also just barn clips. Most of her clientele are minis, but she does a few big horses now and then. She travels to the farms and does anywhere from 1 to 12 horses per day. I think her record is about 15 full body clips. She clips for all the show barns in Florida and even some outside of Florida.

Brooke will be at both AMHR and AMHA Championship shows. I believe she is completely booked for AMHA -- maybe a few slots available. She may have more time slots open for AMHR.

My daughter makes a very good living at this, but the down side is it's hard on her back and she comes home quite exhausted, especially before horse shows when she is doing 5-6 show barns in the 5-6 days before a show. There is also some overhead in terms of keeping several sets of clippers (she uses Double K's exclusively) in good running order and blades (she does NOT re-sharpen blades for client use). Then there's gas getting back and forth to farms, but at shows you can at least discount that expense. There are ALWAYS more people who request her services than she can accommodate, so there's plenty of work out there! If you're a hard worker and love to clip -- go for it!!!!

Robin C

Looks like some others might have beaten you to it and I can see why! Good luck to you Ashley, it sounds like a great way to make some extra money and meet a lot of neat people too!

Maxine

Heck not even sure I would do it. all you would have to do is give me a clipper and a horse and I would do it. Dont know why I like it, but always have. Would rather clip them then show them.
rolleyes.gif

IN the case of Clipping Sannys horse..............well anybody that knows her, knows she likes to talk
biggrin.gif
By the time she was done talking I was done clipping so it turn out good. Of coarse Sanny, dont think I would do alot of clipping that time of night thou!

I for sure would not do it full time. I know my back couldnt handle that. I have done 5 babies in one day, I can do more adult horses but babies do a number on the back, espcially if its there first clip.

Normally when I am bored out at my aunts one of the mins ends up with a new hair cut.

Larry and I would hire someone to do ALL of our show horses before EVERY show! We both hate clipping because of the stress. Larry and I pick up the stress from the horse and then snipe at eachother almost every time! It's AWFUL.

MA

Absolutely! I paid someone to show clip 2 of my horses and ended up clipping 5 more, just because. We then got to wondering what color was under the filly's baby coat, so she clipped her for free!

NEVER. I paid someone once to clip Simon, I was at school and seeing how everyone at her barn old me she was good at clipping I figured she would know what she was doing. I was sadly mistaken because I got home and she left extremely bad blade marks all over his sides and back and then she left his head and legs furry. Simon gets a 4-6 inch long winter coat on him and this dumb person clipped his body and left his head and legs. That was it for me I bought my own clippers got some help here and I fixed him up myself.

Like Ashley, I too, love to clip!

I like to bathe too, but it makes the day much longer to do both. The most I've ever done is 48 in 15 days for a local auction that was being held. Some of the horses had never had a halter on, much less a bath and clip! Gotta love a challenge!
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back