Would you pay somebody to clip your horses?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would you pay somebody to body clip for you?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I like clipping but I am not the fastest clipper around. IF I were lucky enough to go to nationals and someone was a better clipper than I was, YES YES YES, I would have them clip!

jennifer
saludando.gif

This year at Nationals, I would definitely consider having someone clip (and bath) for me. I'm taking seven horses that will all show on the same day, so will need to be clipped within the couple of days prior to that. I like clipping, but I like having help, too!

What's the going rate, if there is one, to have someone do a show clip?

I would have some one clip my mini, but i plan to get a small summer bussiness in a few years to do barn & show clipping... it can take me about 3 hours max but it looks amazing
yes.gif
wacko.gif
rolleyes.gif
LOL so i hope mini people will pay for have some minis clipped

YES YES YES

I have actually paid someone to clip horses, including horses that weren't in training and brought to a farm specifically to be clipped.

When the horses "don't act right" and are rearing and being really bad for clipping, it honestly scares me about half to death. My heart feels like it's in my throat so scared the horse will flip over, plus I do not want to be hurt myself! So, yes, if there was someone I knew would treat them okay and clip them without the horse being injured, I'd much rather pay for it and spare myself the being so upset.

Then there are ones like Derby or Lou (and as I hear it, Sunny) who are good and quiet and in that case, I enjoy doing it and take pride in being able to now do a good job clipping! I've come a long way since I clipped Skipper the first time and was going north, east, south and west with those clippers!!! Then again, how could I do anything but improve
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
iT'S BEEN AWHILE SINCE i HAVE DONE IT BUT I made pretty decent money clipping show clip and bath upwards of 100 ....did a couple jumper ponies one time who were big but total dreams to work on......I was often invited to nationals etc...BUT I had a family and couldn't just pick up and leave........
wink.gif

I'm a Virgo, it is statistically impossible for me to allow anyone, anywhere to do anything that I can do
rolleyes.gif
We all know that no one but a Virgo can do anything even remotely correct <<< sarcasm here
yes.gif

I've hired clipping at AMHA Nationals every year and here at home too when I was sick or something......It's HARD to find good clippers (persons) so I would think it could be a full time job if your back holds up
smile.gif

Charlotte

Pepipony said:
I'm a Virgo, it is statistically impossible for me to allow anyone, anywhere to do anything that I can do
rolleyes.gif
  We all know that no one but a Virgo can do anything even remotely correct  <<< sarcasm here
yes.gif

453026[/snapback]

That's funny, lol!! My oldest daughter is a Virgo and has to do everything herself too.
smile.gif

Not me--- if I can "delegate" a job that I don't care for-- like clipping-- I am all for it!
yes.gif
I've hired people to clip for me in the past, and I'm sure I will do so in the future as well.

I"m also a virgo but will let someone else do things as long as they do things the way I want it done.
wacko.gif

I also like to clip, its like doing artwork seeing whats under there and how good they look when you are done.
yes.gif

I can do a show clip on a mini in about 45 minutes to an hour. Not counting sculpting the head. I did 4 horses in one afternoon but my back was saying really nasty things to me afterwords.
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

So to answer your question: yes, I would hire someone with certain horses, but I or someone who knows the way I like them would be there if at all possible.
rolleyes.gif
What worries me is I have heard some real nightmare stories.
new_shocked.gif

Robin

Sunny said:
What's the going rate, if there is one, to have someone do a show clip?
452898[/snapback]

Don't know what the "going rate" is -- just what Brooke charges. Depends on the size of the horse, but the average adult mini is $45 for a show clip including fine clipping/sculpting, and I think $5 for shaving while she is at the shows. She uses all her own equipment, new blades and is not big enough herself to inflict any serious damage to your horses. With most horses, even show clips and shaving can be done in under an hour. She will generally do 10 or more horses per day, especially if there are a lot of babies which she can do more quickly -- around 1/2 hour each.

We just got back today from a large farm in Ocala. Started at 11:30 a.m., finished at 4:00 p.m. -- 3 adult minis, 9 weanlings in 90+ degree weather. Brooke makes a tidy little sum on days like this, but she REALLY earns her money!!!

Robin C

Robin C,

Are you sure you and Brooke don't want to come to OK?? I have an AIR CONDITIONED Groom Room!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I don't mind doing it...I clip my boys during the summer season. But would I pay to have someone that knows how and has a good rep clip my horses....yep I would! Especially if it was at a show!!
yes.gif

WOW!!! Ashley,

I would gladly pay someone to clip my babies!! Hey, now you don't live toooooo far from me! Of course with the price of gas, it would get pretty expensive!!

My husband did buy me a new clippers for my birthday and I have yet to use it.

Latest posts

Back