Would you buy REDO

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a weanling/yearling?

• On application, stud report done, no DNA done.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • On application, stud report not done, DNA done.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Just_Rena

Reaction score
Sorry I wasnt clear about the choices on the first poll, I believe papers are a animals right if they are born to registered parents. All my foals will have papers in hand when sold, increases the chances of a good life.

Knowing what I know now? Papers in hand. Just because it helps to minimize problems, I think. I didn't have any problems with getting them registered when I bought them, but I realized after the fact that I was lucky.

I understand it now and voted
default_yes.gif
All I will say before I'm quiet on the subject is that newbies often learn the hard way and it's a bitter experience and then you get wise.

Like I said in the other topic, papers in hand, unless the one on application is something I have been looking for/really want...but only after I have checked the studbooks to make sure that the parents are DNA'd and then call both registries to be sure the stallion report was turned in and that the dam's name is on it. Also that I will only buy a weanling on applic. as in my honest opinion, there is no reason that paperwork should not be done by end of weanling year, the only exception to that is not registering with AMHA if there is question as to if the horse will remain small enough.

Not only do the papers have to be in hand, they must have all transfers in place for the last name listed on the papers and any other name put on other transfers if more than one. Registering and transfer a horse shouldn't be a job, it should be as easy as sign the transfer as the new owner, take pictures and mail in with the correct fee. Period. Anything else is uncalled for. As for on application, its the same thing, I better be able to send in the papers and get them back, no hassles. This is suppose to be something people do as an enjoyment, not an exercise in patience waiting on someone to do what they should have done from the start.

I purchased my AMHR mare on faith that she really did have papers (the person I bought from had just sent them off to be brought into her name). In my case it worked out and I received the papers in a timely fashion, but I don't think I would buy that way again. There are plenty out there with papers in-hand from which to choose without the headache and worry of whether you will ever get the papers as planned.

Latest posts

Back