Would someone with access to the AMHR studbook be willing to help me please?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amysue

Reaction score
I recently rescued an older AMHR mare (foaled 1995) and her gelded son(foaled 2008) from an auction. The mare has her papers and with them came a hand written note with the gelding's info (d.o.b. sire, breeder etc.) and simply a blank AMHR application for registration with the breeder's signature- no contact info of course! (that's my luck). The horses changed hands several times before ending up at the sale (they somehow miraculously managed to stay together though). Anyway...being that he is a gelding, a certificate should cost at the most 20 bucks. I would love to be able to show him, but he wont stand a chance at placing against all of the quarter horses that dominate the open shows and unregistered horses are not welcome at the mini shows. He has such an awesome personality and is so willing to learn that I'd love to teach him to drive and jump...however that is a big investment to make if I cannot show him and benefit from my time, money spent and effort. I'm not saying that I will love him any less if he can't get papers- I would just be estactic is I could register him. If anyone with access to the AMHR stud book would be willing to look up the stallion "Little Feathers Boze + Ours" a sorrel appy stud who is also AMHA registered I would be forever grateful to you. I have his dam's AMHR number but not her AMHA number and I currently have a membership to the AMHR, just not the studbook-I';d rather spend the sixty bucks on feed or something practical. Although I can find his sire's AMHA number, I dont have mom's AMHA number or an AMHA membership, that is just as expensive. Since I have an AMHR membership all I would need is the sire's AMHR number and I'd be all set. Thank you so much for your time and help in advance.

Back