Would any of y'all

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_minihorses4ever_

Reaction score
Come out and help you with your horses? I currently go to a mini barn, but we are more of a rescue facilty than breeding and showing (now don't get me wrong, I like working with the resuces, but I would also like to get a little feel for the breeding/showing side of the mini world
yes.gif
). I am wondering if ya'll wouldn't mind if a youth came and helped out, or maybe showed some of your horses? Or would you not want want a youth to come? This has been on my mind for a while.. Thanks!
saludando.gif

Where in Texas are you? You would be welcome to come out to our farm as long a parents approve and come with you.

We always have youth around.

smile.gif

youth are always welcome here but i seem to have no luck. The last one kept coming dressed in sandals and fancy designer clothes. I kept warning her to dress in grubbies. Well the last time she came she got the fancy shirt all dirty and a h orse stepped on her sandaled foot. I even warned her mother and begged her to have her put real shoes on before she comes. Anyway she never came back.

I would LOVE to have a couple "youth" who were as passionate about horses as I always was and willing to learn the correct things about them for care and handling. Move to VA and you can come here!

Problem is that many want to come "play" and while that is great, most don't realize how much work has to be done to make the play happen. It takes a focused youth to want both -- and they are special people!! I love to have about 3 or 4 to train.
smile.gif

I feel the same way _minihorses4ever_

I would love to go out to someone's farm and help show, groom, train. Unfortunately there aren't many mini farms around here

I wish I had a youth around here that wanted to show for me. I have horses here that I trained to jump and sidepass and all that good stuff but no way am I about to try to run a course with them.

Marty said:
I wish I had a youth around here that wanted to show for me. I have horses here that I trained to jump and sidepass and all that good stuff but no way am I about to try to run a course with them.
444457[/snapback]

Marty if we were alot closer, I would help you in a heartbeat!... if you would take me is
wink.gif

The truly(sp) nice & care people now a days are very few, but you are & It would be a joy for anyone to have you as a boss
yes.gif
aktion033.gif

Thanks Marty, for being you!

new_shocked.gif
OK I'M DONE BEINGING A BUT OR SUCK-UP!!!!
rolleyes.gif
I just think its true, JMO
yes.gif

I'm looking to hire some part time help around the farm....working with yearlings, clipping, bathing and so forth... can't find anyone who wants to work!

I think that a teenaged horse crazed girl would be the perfect candidate. I'd have given ANYTHING to be hired at a horse stable when I was that age!

You're welcome to help at my place anytime!

Oh man, where ARE the horse crazy kids ??? I just posted on another thread I was ready to start taking kids off the street.

Yep, that's why I did 4H and had my own "youth team" for so many years. Seems so Odd to have "just" Patty and I this year (OK, kinda nice too  ), but I'm going to have to start taking kids off the street. I have so many National Champion and Top 10 horses sitting aroud with nothing to do--plus some really nice youngsters who don't have their own little person yet...
any takers here in TX? any of you youth members live around us?
Where in Texas are you? Do you have clones available?

Oh, I wish so much there was a horse lovin teen near me! I could sure use the help this year. Same stuff as Lauralee, just have trouble doing it "all".

You can come out my way play with horses and show anyone you want. I do not have much farm chores, but come on out anyway, love to have you!

saludando.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
saludando.gif

I am so lucky I have three horse crazy kids her. Any youth is welcome though.

We live in NH. All three kids are going to nationals this year. This will be very

interesting Oklahoma is a verrrry long drive. Hope I can keep my sanity!

Linda B
wub.gif

Okay, I would LOVE to come help ya'll out, but yall are all waaaay up north! I am in south-eastern texas, and I won't be able to make a 4-5 hour drive.. If any of y'all feel like moving south, I am always here.
saludando.gif

I wish someone would do that for me too, but all of them live like an hour away from me, and most really dont need help cause thats what they did all day long, Lauralee, I told you if I was closer I would come help you in a heart beat, that would be so fun and really good for me so I can now how to do everything to my own horses!

-Gage-

Fred said:
saludando.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

saludando.gif

I am so lucky I have three horse crazy kids her.  Any youth is welcome though.

We live in NH.  All three kids are going to nationals this year.  This will be very

interesting Oklahoma is a verrrry long drive.  Hope I can keep my sanity!

Linda B
wub.gif

444774[/snapback]

Linda,

We are most likely going down to R nationals next year too. Im even making my mom show in Amateur. This should be very interesting. We are probably getting a camper for the drive.

Latest posts

Back