Would a pregnant mare do this?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishful

Reaction score
Would a pregnant mare show to a stallion? Bought a mare in March 2005, she came with a certificate that said she had been in with a stallion from April to November of 2004. she started in april showing 2 0r 3 days in a row and then stopped this was her pattern all the way threw august, and she has finally stopped it, so should I be watching her since her certificate says she was in with the stallion all the way up to november? She got really fat and I even cut back on her feed, but I havent felt a foal moving.

Jamie,

Yes, it is known to happen, however I would think she would have taken in the Spring of last year at some point.

Have you had her vet checked in foal or were you just waiting and watching?

MA

I have not had her vet checked , she wasnt handled much and I have spent the past few months learning her likes and dislikes. She is a moody mare , sometimes its ok to rub her down and sometimes its not, so I have just been waiting and watching. I had decided she was not pregnant but then she ballooned up, I would have thought the foal would be moving a little by now if she was.

I had a mare that was showing to a stallion on the day she foaled.
wacko.gif

Robin

Latest posts

Back