Woud you pray for my Dad, please?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny

Reaction score
My dad turned 87 in October, thank God. He started getting really sick in September and we didn't think he'd make it until his birthday..... then Christmas and New Year's..... then his wife's birthday.... then my daughter's birthday...... then Easter....... But now it's really looking like he won't hang on much longer. Please, if you're so inclinced, would you please say a prayer for comfort in his last days, no matter how many there are...
default_crybaby.gif

I know I'm not nearly as strong as so many of you on here when it comes to losing a loved one.

Thanks.

Sending prayers and ((HUGS)) all your way..

If it is time, my hope is for you all to be in peace...

So sorry to here of this
default_no.gif
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this difficult time.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

~Jessica

of course, prayers heading your way. if God decides he needs another angel in heaven, my wish is for your father to have a peaceful journey.

you would be surprised at how strong you can be. it comes from sheer love.

you would be surprised at how strong you can be. it comes from sheer love.

I agree; those of us who have lost loved ones don't FEEL strong. We just keep on going because that is all we can do. We remember them and keep them in our hearts.

Sending prayers for your Dad, and for you to be able to deal with his death when the time comes. {{{hugs}}}}

My good thoughts and prayers for your dear father and your family at this time. God Bless.

Hang in there Judy, been there done that. It is sooo hard, but always remember he is a great man and he loves you unconditionally.

Hugs, hang tight!

It does get easier..it's been almost three years for me, seems like every other day I want to call her or something, but the memories I so cherish!

Kimmy

Hey Judy, we go back a lotta years so I will tell you this much easily from the heart: Tell your dad everything you need to now, today. Whether he can hear you or not, if he is in a coma or not, just dump it out, everything you need him to know, just do it. He will find a way to hear your words. If you are already doing that, continue. Its going to bridge a huge gap for you later on and help you through some very difficult days to come.

If a day went by without me telling Michael how special, how beautiful, how much loved he was, (how irritating he could be lol ) I would have not survived this long.

Still Soul Mates Always

Marty

Oh Hon...I wish I could reach over and give you a warm Hug... What Marty said makes so much sense...talking, chatting, letting it all out, whatever, however you feel. Even though he knows you love him...he will be so happy to hear you say it. All you can do, is give him comfort; and a hand to hold.

I will keep him, you and your family in my prayers.

[SIZE=14pt]((((HUGS))))[/SIZE]

Judy,

You and your dad are in my thoughts.

He must be very strong willed to have exceeded everyone's expectations for so long.

I hope that you have taken the suggestion to say what you need to say.

I know that some men of that generation (and every generation) aren't good at saying what they

need to say, so I hope that you know in your heart how much your father loves you too.

Before my dad passed away, almost 20 years ago, he took the time to write a letter to each of his children, words that expressed what he felt but couldn't say. I pull that letter out to read it every now and then.

Many hugs to you ((((()))))

oh Judy, I am sorry. I will pray for you, your family and your Dad.

I just lost my Dad, so I know how tough this will be. Hug him and talk to him. Tell him things you always meant to. Even if you are not sure he is hearing you. The sense of hearing is strong and the last to go.

Hugs for you!

Robin

default_pray.gif
Prayers are there for all of you. May God surround you with His love while giving you the strength you need to endure what's ahead. May your dad be free from pain and rest easy in God's love. You've got lots of friends here who have such great advice. You're not alone.
default_yes.gif
We're just a click away.

God bless,

Joan

Thank you one and all for your prayers, kind words and support. After all these years of being a member here, it still amazes me how a group of "strangers" (i.e. friends we haven't met yet) can pull together for one in need. Thank you.

My prayers to you. Lost my Mom & Dad back in 2000 only 7 months apart.

From my experience, it is also good to give him permission to pass. Let him know everything has been taken care of, there is nothing more to him to be concerned about. Let him know you and everybody else will be okay.

If you have a desire to know some signs meaning passing is imminent(sp?) let me know. Some people do better if they know the signs. Some would prefer not to know. I was glad to know, so I could be sure to stay close.

I was holding my Dad's hand when he passed. It was both heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time. I am so glad I was right there. I wasn't with my Mom when she passed and I so wish I had been.

God bless. I pray for a peaceful passing for your Dad and strength to you and yours during this time.

Latest posts

Back