worried please help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky lodge

Reaction score
my mare foaled a beautiful apply colt about 2 hours ago he came out with 3 leg present and foal and mum are now laying down foal has had a small drink

We're you able to get a vet out to check on mom? I am new/inexperienced but a little drink sounds better than none. Can (aunties check me on this one) you milk mom and freeze some of the colostrum or bottle feed the baby?

Are you saying he had a 3 leg presentation?

She must be in pain, and I would immediately suggest some Banamine to help her along. A vet check would be in order to make sure nothing was torn. Was the placenta torn in any way?

I realize now, that you posted quite a few hours ago. How are they both doing now??

It's been some time since you posted Jenny, both here and on the main forum (where you received some good advice). Please can you let us know how they are? Been keeping my fingers crossed for your little mare and her new colt.
default_yes.gif

Me, too. Please let us know something -- saying lots of prayers that things are going better, and the little one has nursed and gotten his colostrum. Still praying!

iam so sorry girls for not replying ....foal harry is his name is doing great was a bit scary when he came out with 2 front legs head and a back leg but mum freckles handle the birth really well...better then me hahahahha

so here is some photos of the little man

IMG_5099.JPG

IMG_5102.JPG

IMG_5117.JPG

IMG_5124.JPG

He's darling. Congrats. You'll have to keep the aunties informed of his progress or they'll hunt you down...

He's precious! And don't you do that to us again! LOL We know you OWN these two wonderful little ones, but we Aunties feel like each baby is one of our own, and you know what happens when our minds get away from us (for some of us it's easier to lose the mind than for others).....LOL

He is just beautiful, and looks like his spots are going up to his withers. Is he showing any spots on the neck or face? If so, when you clip him out, you may have a near-leopard there!

He's just soooooo handsome!

thanks iam pretty rapt in this little guy. no other spots only on is back but his face is going silver as his daddy is a silver appy cant wait to clip him and take him out in the show ring. my husband told me to keep him but I all ready have to stallions grrrr ...but thanks to everyone and ill keep the photos coming for u

He is gorgeous! Alto I think our foals may have been swapped during their cooking. His colour is pretty much exactly what I ordered!! ;)

congrats on your handsome little guy...keep us in pictures pls

that had to be so scary to see 3 legs....I would have paniced ..I've paniced at alot less..lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back