Wormers....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CyndiD

Reaction score
I am getting ready to order paste wormers for use over the winter and since the "generics" are so much cheaper and the ingredient labels read the same amount of medication...is there really a difference??

I have used them before, but buy the brand names when on sale, just curious as to whether anyone has had negative results from using the generics. Thanks in advance....
default_yes.gif
:

I use the generic liquid ivermectin with excellent results; generic liquid is the only way to get "cheap" dewormer here.

We use the generic paste ivermectin with our horses. We usually order from Valley Vet or Jeffers.

I use generic for all my wormers. I usually buy from www.countrysupply.com because they have the best price and free shipping over $49. I can spend $49 in the blink of an eye...

I usually order the generic from Jeffers or whoever has the best price. Seems it's more than just an extra buck, and I order in quantity so it makes a difference. If I thought the quality or ingredients were less, I'd rethink that.

Jan

I deworm with Bimectin, which is the same active ingredient and concentration as name brand Ivermectin products except it costs about $3/tube and is a clear apple flavored gel (but again, it's "just" ivermectin). My horses LOVE this stuff. Those that used to be real PITA to deworm now beg for the stuff. I can deworm some of them through the fence!!! They suck it right out of the tube :bgrin

There is absolutely no point paying any extra for brand names.

So long as it is 1.87% Ivermectin it is good to go.

Go by the chemical name, not the brand name.

Thanks for the input...I have ordered generic again.
default_yes.gif
:

I guess I was just a little worried...since it IS so much cheaper than the name brands. Btw..I always use Country Supply, seems like they always have just everything I need..
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back