Wormer for minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would suggest that, before using any wormer, have a fecal done. I don't want to give my mini any wormer if it is not needed. Plus by doing a fecal test you can find out just what if any parasites you have and the best course of wormer to use if needed.

I would suggest that, before using any wormer, have a fecal done. I don't want to give my mini any wormer if it is not needed. Plus by doing a fecal test you can find out just what if any parasites you have and the best course of wormer to use if needed.
When is it best to do fecals?

You could try giving him a syringe of apple sauce regularly, when you switch to wormer every now and then her will be easier if he's expecting the applesauce. You can even mix the two together. Start by just letting him lick it off the outside till he figures it out so you don't have to fight him. Or molasses or anything else he likes.
I must have gotten lucky- the ivermectrin we use has an apple flavor and he takes it all with no problem.

Latest posts

Back