worlds smallest horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh my gosh Dona she is the most adorable little thing! I wish her many many years of a healthy life

Yes Thumbalina is cute and Button is cute as a Button. And these dwarfs are so lucky to have such wonderful homes. Unfortunately not all dwarfs are so lucky. I really hate to see a Dwarf in the news so much - yes it is good to educate people - but this is not what a miniature horse is. JMO
mmmorgans, I have to agree that the publicity of Thumbelina has not been a good thing beyond the money raised for childrens charities. When she first gained public attention I averaged 2 or 3 calles per week from people wanting a "miniature horse like Thumbelina" for their kids to play with.
default_no.gif
As much as I talked and tried to discourage them they continued to call other farms in the state. I still average a call or so per month.

Charlotte

That is a sad thing - when people want one just like her - how very sad for the miniature horse industry. I agree that it is a great thing that Thumbalina's owners are raising money for children's charities - that is a wonderful thing to do - I just think that there are better ways to raise money - like promoting a good quality miniature horse - there are some very nice quality tiny minis around!!!!

Yes Thumbalina is cute and Button is cute as a Button. And these dwarfs are so lucky to have such wonderful homes. Unfortunately not all dwarfs are so lucky. I really hate to see a Dwarf in the news so much - yes it is good to educate people - but this is not what a miniature horse is. JMO
mmmorgans, I have to agree that the publicity of Thumbelina has not been a good thing beyond the money raised for childrens charities. When she first gained public attention I averaged 2 or 3 calles per week from people wanting a "miniature horse like Thumbelina" for their kids to play with.
default_no.gif
As much as I talked and tried to discourage them they continued to call other farms in the state. I still average a call or so per month.

Charlotte

I sure agree with this. People seeing Thumbalina and then wanting to get one like her is such a mistake. I too would rather see a nicely conformed mini used to promote at charities. I do hope that Thumbalina's owners educate the public very well about the pitfalls of owning a dwarf. I really feel sorry for the little tykes because most of them don't have a normal horse life. Mary

That is a sad thing - when people want one just like her - how very sad for the miniature horse industry. I agree that it is a great thing that Thumbalina's owners are raising money for children's charities - that is a wonderful thing to do - I just think that there are better ways to raise money - like promoting a good quality miniature horse - there are some very nice quality tiny minis around!!!!

default_no.gif

Charlotte

Well I'm not going to sling any stones against Mrs. Goseling and Thumbelina and no I do not know them.

They are out there touring the world and promoting Thumbelina in order to raise one million dollars for children in need. That is what is important and that is their plight and for that unselfish gesture, I commend them.

Now, although it would have been wonderful to send a nice modern miniature horse with great conformation as an ambassador for our breed in her place to do so, the fact is, that NOBODY else thought of doing it.

So let little Thumbelina do her thing and wish them well is the way I see it.

I lost my mini horse last August. She was almost 30" tall jet black. She was my heart, she loved kids and doing tricks for them. I would love to have another one, but it would have to be real small. That way I could let it ride in my truck, not in a trailer. I have a place plenty big enough but I would want it right under me at all times. Just like my dog

Latest posts

Back