worlds smallest horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
she is so cute.
default_wub.png

Yes, that is Thumbelina, she is on my links
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that is thumbalina and i believe she was on TV last year, good morning america or something other.

She is a dwarf, however, i have to say considering she is the worlds smallest horse i dont think she is NEAR as bad as some of the dwarfs i have seen.

She is well cared for and is cute!

Thumbalina is a total doll! She's spoiled rotton, has her own RV with private horsey quarters to travel in and gets the best vet care money can buy! Her owners Paul and Kay are some of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. They've turned Thumbalina's life into one of charitable work for kids. She visits childrens' homes, hospitals, people can bid on having her come to their birthday party for a contibution to a charity. Her owners use their own money to promote her, pay for her medical bills and provide her travel arrangements. Every DIME goes directly to charity.

Thumble's goal in 2007 was to hit the 48 contiguous states and she's gonna make it!

correct me if i'm wrong but i'm thinking she lives around the st. louis area? i know she was at the farm supply store not far from me but as usual, i was a day late and a dollar short and didn't hear about it till 3 or 4 days later! ack!!!

Wow, reading the replies is a real eye-opener (on the link posted).

She's tiny, sure, and I'm happy they are giving her a good life and raising money for good causes.
default_smile.png

Liz

Wow, reading the replies is a real eye-opener (on the link posted).
Ditto to that!
default_wacko.png
It's wonderful that she has responsible owners, but frightening that so many people's reaction is "I want one just like that!"

Yes, she's live in the St. Louis area, in St. Louis County.

Thumbalina was recently in San Antonio Texas. She was on the news this past month. Yes she is spoiled and well loved by all who see her.

Beth

Thumbelina is here in Florida, right now...there is an article in our local paper about her being at Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children in Orlando. I know she has her own website at http://www.worldssmallesthorse.com -- sorry I can't remember how to make it a live link. Edited to add: oh, maybe this link will work.

She's cute alright...but has some very definite problems with rear end & legs. She's not as bad as some, but I've seen some a lot better. I see so many of these poor little things sold & used as carnival attractions "World's Smallest Horse". :DOH! But...in Thumbelina's case, she has responsible owners who take wonderful care of her & are using her doing "Good" for children all over the country. AND, they tell people exactly what she is...a Dwarf, and I would hope...try to educate people on Dwarfism.

While we are on this thread ...... I thought I'd post a photo of our little girl "Button". My husband is totally "head over heels" in love, as you can see.
default_wub.png
I often take my minis to nursing home visits, schools, etc.....so Button will be absolute perfect for that. And, she will give me the perfect opportunity to try to educate people on Dwarfism.
default_yes.gif

She was only 15" in her baby fuzz w/tiny saddle here.

ButtonSaddle20001.jpg

Here she is after being clipped for the first time...about 17" here.

ButtonsPartialClipVideo100001.jpg

And here she is "struttin her stuff".

ButtonsGallery.jpg

And finally....her is Button in her Halloween outfit. Very fitting...don'tcha think?
default_biggrin.png

ButtonHalloweenAngel20001small.jpg

How cute! I know why people fall in love with these little dwarves because they look like cuddly stuffed animals and their personalities are so loving. I have also heard from many people who would like to have a dwarf, even though they generally require special care. It is nice to know that there are people out there who will give a loving home to these special creatures, even though we as breeders do not strive to produce them.

Holy Crap!!! I know it's sad when dwarfs are born but BUTTON makes me want one!!!! She certainly is perfect for therapy work
default_yes.gif
She is SO adorable in her wings!!!!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

She's cute alright...but has some very definite problems with rear end & legs. She's not as bad as some, but I've seen some a lot better. I see so many of these poor little things sold & used as carnival attractions "World's Smallest Horse". :DOH! But...in Thumbelina's case, she has responsible owners who take wonderful care of her & are using her doing "Good" for children all over the country. AND, they tell people exactly what she is...a Dwarf, and I would hope...try to educate people on Dwarfism.

While we are on this thread ...... I thought I'd post a photo of our little girl "Button". My husband is totally "head over heels" in love, as you can see.
default_wub.png
I often take my minis to nursing home visits, schools, etc.....so Button will be absolute perfect for that. And, she will give me the perfect opportunity to try to educate people on Dwarfism.
default_yes.gif

She was only 15" in her baby fuzz w/tiny saddle here.

ButtonSaddle20001.jpg

Here she is after being clipped for the first time...about 17" here.

ButtonsPartialClipVideo100001.jpg

And here she is "struttin her stuff".

ButtonsGallery.jpg

And finally....her is Button in her Halloween outfit. Very fitting...don'tcha think?
default_biggrin.png

ButtonHalloweenAngel20001small.jpg

Yes, Button is "cute as a button".....but the reason for my posting was to show that there are many levels of "severity" with Dwarfs. Some are minorly afflicted while others are so bad, they are humanely put down at birth.
default_sad.png
The only real problem Button has "so far" is that she was born with "lax" tendons in her rear fetlocks. She is wearing special "Magic Shoes" to help her correct that, and she can romp & play with the best of them. But, one never knows what may be going on with her internal organs.
default_unsure.png
I keep telling my husband to just be prepared for heartache, as we may go out to the barn one day & find her dead. Also, she will most likely be afflicted with arthritis as she ages & have a lot of joint problems. So, owning a Dwarf is not for everyone. They require higher "maintenance" than a normal horse (teeth floating twice a year, and hoof trimming more often than a normal horse). If given PROPER care, the vet bills can soar! And Dwarfs DO tend to have much shortened lifespans beause of all their health problems. But on the other hand, I have a good friend who has a Dwarf, much like Button, who is nearing her 20th birthday!
default_aktion033.gif
So, yes, with proper TLC, it's possible for some to live very long lives.

I commend anyone who adopts these special little horses & gives them a good, loving home.....they will repay you many times over with love.
default_wub.png

Buttons is adorable, how old is she now. Hoping she stays healthy and lives a long life.

i know WHY you don't do this but HOW on earth can you NOT bring that little thing in the house to live with you?? i don't think i have ever in my life seen anything cuter.

Latest posts

Back